Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > For Sale or Wanted
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27-01-2015, 11:50 AM

Congratulations. Good to get some feedback on Target from somebody who's spent some time with them and sorted a deal

Enjoy!

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace
Old 27-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum
Old 27-01-2015, 06:47 PM

Glad your enjoying the car. I'm sure all the cars at target will selll soon enough, they must hold 50% of the stock for sale on Autotrader at moment
Old 27-01-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
Well.... new to the forum and fully prepared to be shot down in flames, but am the delighted new owner of this Silver Cat D Coupe from Target cars in Eindhoven.

I went with my eyes open and it helped that I'd had an E54 engined coupe five years ago. The E54 was a great car, but it always felt a bit precious and I hated the hesitant fly by wire throttle response! This time I was looking for an E50 coupe to use every day, and not a high days and holidays investment.

There's all sorts of stuff on the forum from people who've not been, but the Target guys were great to deal with. Spent half a day there, had a test drive and negotiated a great deal (less than asking plus 1.31:1 exc rate) and flew back a week later to find they'd checked the lights, tyre pressures, oil, etc, added some fuel and a free hi viz before driving 400 miles back to the UK. Interestingly, when I agreed the deal, they were very up front and told me they were going to review all the Z3M prices because of the Historics Auction. When I went back the following week, they honoured the price we'd agreed but the other Z3m's had all gone up by 2k.

The 63k miles checks out with the full service and MOT history, red/black interior's immaculate, everything works (even the aircon), nearly new matching Bridgestones, new discs and pads all round, reinforced boot floor, braided clutch hose, very tidy underneath, rock steady 700rpm tickover and didn't miss a beat all the way home at 80-90mph.

Sailed through it's MOT, no service lights and I've used it every day for the last week (800 miles!) so it's now filthy. Much nicer to drive than the E54 (instant throttle response and no electronics) and I've had two offers from people wanting to buy the car! Roll on the next 40,000 miles!

Awesome 1st post, lovely looking car, enjoy
Old 27-01-2015, 08:03 PM

Welcome to the forum Always good to hear first hand reviews rather than rumour and conjecture. Thanks for sharing.

Old 30-01-2015, 04:16 PM

Hope you enjoy your car
Did you get to look at the blue one with 70k miles cat d at target
working out whether to take a trip to see it
Old 01-02-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcragie View Post
Hope you enjoy your car
Did you get to look at the blue one with 70k miles cat d at target
working out whether to take a trip to see it
Hi

Unfortunately i didn't look at the blue one too closely as, although i love the colour, I wanted a red/black interior and was put off by the black tint on the glass. Although am sure the glass was original and the tint would come off. It was hemmed in behind other cars but it looked straight with good panel gaps, the tyres and interior looked good and under the bonnet was clean.

If you're interested, it's a 45min Ryanair flight from Stanstead (£19.99) and Targets industrial unit is a 10min walk or 3.50 euro taxi ride (it was pouring with rain when I went!) from the airport. There's an 8.00am flight out and return at 3.00pm.

E-mail them to let you know you're going, ask for Jorst... fluent Engliish and he talked me through what he knew about the cars. They were fine about a test drive and offered me a straight forward "no frills' service. The cars are bought, cleaned and offered for sale... simple as that.

Hope that helps...
Old 01-02-2015, 12:54 PM

Duncan..why would you think that you would be shot down in flames?
There has been lots of talk about the cars there and i think you are one of the first to actually go and have a Vada! well done on your purchase and enjoy the S50....you will find so much useful stuff on our site...and none of us bite...well sometimes.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:34 PM

Many thanks.... Delighted with the car, realise it's not perfect, but it's got plenty of miles left in it to enjoy everyday. Having had an S54 coupe a few years ago, I've found the S50 coupe a much more enjoyable drive and am surprised that the S54 is revered so much above an S50. I know that the S54 is a true 325hp (S50's probably closer to 290) and they're rarer (relatively!), but the Vanos doubt over the S50 seems to be sorted and the throttle cable/lack of electronic control certainly sharpens the driving experience.

Any enthusiasts who'd only consider an S54 model, and are patiently waiting for the right one to come along..... I'd urge you to have a test drive in both, find a good car, whichever the model, and enjoy yourself.

Brilliant forum, already helpful in identifying a slight sloppyness in my drivers seat and will be back regularly for tips and hints.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:22 PM

Ha, now you'll get shot down in flames

(Fellow S50 owner)

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Tags
cat d, new listing silver, target