Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PY s54 @ target.bv

Hi guys,
    I am new to this but have been looking at these cars for some time now and have just contacted seafury re his estoril blue s50. However I have also been talking to target about their PY s54. I know that there was a previous thread about this car over 1 yr ago! but the car is still there. Target seem to get some bad press re cat d cars but to be fair they have been open with me. The car looks as if it was run and serviced properly for the first 7/8 years of its life but has been left to languish since. I really like the colour and feel as if it could be a good car waiting to be re loved rather than just a bad car stuck in Holland. Its needs tyres and a decent service but does anyone have an opinion either way or even know the car? At the current exchange rate I think it will be just under 20k although with no waranties. Thank you for your time

Welcome to the forum

Comment

I like the color, and it would be great to have another s54 on the road, all I know about the car is that it sold on eBay for 10k before it went out there, and it's been stood for over a year, it don't seem like they will move on price, I think 17-18k is fair in this market, all black interior is a big plus with that engine
      S54 titanium silver all black interior, 2001 51 plate
      good things come to those who wait!

Comment

They have had it for sale since early 2011,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11182

Comment

You could always buy it, give it some love and get it back to how it should be, change the reg plate and sell it in 5 years time for a profit. The way these cars are going I don't think it's unrealistic? Patchy E30 M3s still make strong money because it's an E30 M3.

Look at the Sierra Cosworth that just sold for nearly £50000 at anglia car auctions. That sat around in a barn for years unused, covered in crap, every owner died and needs plenty of TLC.

Just a thought!

Comment

Thank you for the thoughts guys, more welcome if you have them. I know that by the time that I have got this car back, serviced, new tyres plus any other problems with a car that has been stored for 4 years sorted it will be minimum 22-23k I guess. Does that make sense for a 108k miles s54 albeit with partial recent history but only 3 owners? I had tried to contact the last known owner and Mr Vanos to ascertain last known condition before I realised that I was talking about 4 years ago!

Comment

They have had it so long you would hope they are willing to negotiate on the price - must be worth a look

Comment

You may or may not be surprised to hear that they are not! So i either need to pay the money or walk away? The only thing in my favour is that the current exchange rate is pushing the price down a little. Do you see it as a sub 20k value car? I found the threads that you put up very interesting too so thanks for that

Comment

Will you have to factor in re registering it back in the UK?

Comment

It's worth about 17-20k depends on condition, your always going to have to do the work, cars that's over 10 years old, to a passer by my car is mint but in 12 month I have spent 3k on mine, with insp2, wheel referb, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensor, alternator, mot fail, wishbones, but I am still well in profit if I was going to sell, mine still needs 2k spending on it to be near perfect con

Comment

I got that but if a car has crash history. Undisclosed. Then surely it's a different matter?

Comment

Take an expert

Comment

Common sense has prevailed and I have purchased a UK based s50 instead! Thank you for your comments, hopefully this car will eventually be back on the road just not be me in the short term although I have left it for them to come back to me if they get sensible with the pricing

Comment

Great work. Colour of your new toy?

Was it on PH or autotrader ?

Jim

Comment

estoril blue but neither it is Seafury's car (ex Andrew Turner). Picking up on Saturday and looking forward to it :))

Comment

Working...
                              X