Upgrading headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading headlights

Sorry for bringing this subject up again but I can't see the woods for the trees and time is against me.

My 1999 M Coupe had it's MOT today and failed due to the near side headlamp was too high. Further information is that it can't be adjusted as the lamp adjustment bolts are broken. Long and short of it is, if it can't be fixed I will need a new headlamp. So this has forced my hand to getting the halo/projection/angel eye headlights which I've been thinking about for sometime.
    Now I've spent the night looking at eBay/Amazon/forums and I'm no better off so I would like to ask the collective a recommended seller to buy ASAP as I need them fitted within 10 days.

Cheers in advance

Jim
    Last edited by ROCKAPE; 02-03-2016, 11:03 PM.

10 days is going to be tough, why not look locally for a used oem set?

Comment

Just Roadster in Doncaster used to stock the projector headlights, worth giving them a call to see if they have any.

http://www.justroadster.com/
      Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
      ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

What exactly is broke on your current lights?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
          What exactly is broke on your current lights?
          The adjustment bolts/screws aren't moving the light into a legal position. Which I believe means that the plastic cogs inside have worn away or broken

Comment

Ace man- thanks, gave them a ring and they don't stock them anymore��

Comment

what about these just to get you past the MOT
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-Hea...wAAOSw~OVW0ZeZ

Comment

The OEM headlight adjustment mechanisms are a really poor design, usually the metal spingle breaks free from its plastic cog so they just spin and don't adjust anhything. Might be ablt to drop some superglue in they so the regain some traction.

You can get some adjustment from the actual headlight mounting brackets though; adjust the top two outer screws to change the angle of the light; this might be enough to get it through MOT until replacement is sought/lights are fixed. These are adjustable to align the headlight with the bodywork, but you can use them to alter the beam a bit.

Comment

Working...
                X