Replacement Gear Knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Gear Knob

Can the gear knob be replaced easily enough on the MC?

I saw a picture on here recently with a little stubby one, possibly off a Z4MC...is it a straight swap?

the z3 gear knob is easy to change, its removed by pulling sharply up. not sure if the z4 gear knob will fit but theres a few after maket ones available like ac schnitzer, storm motorwerks etc

Comment

Storm Motorworks (V1 or V2's) are the most popular as they are shorter and a lot heavier than OEM.

However, I prefer to keep the leather feel and have a ZHP one.

You will loose the illumination though.

The shorter sticks really improve the feel though so worth it to me.

Here is a ZHP with AC Schnitzer

and the ZHP fitted

nb the ZHP is only marginally heavier than OEM. The metal motorworks ones are much heavier which is better but like I say I prefer the leather feel.
      Last edited by Jonttt; 22-01-2010, 01:34 PM.
      VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Thanks Jontt - that ZHP one looks great.

What is the button to the left of DSC do? My car doesn't have that one...

Comment

Originally posted by Wallachie View Post

ditto. Do tell.
          S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_Driving View Post
            ditto. Do tell.
            You know what, I reckon that pic is of a Roadster....and that button is to retract the roof!

Comment

You know what, I reckon that pic is of a Roadster....and that button is to retract the roof!
              its the electric roof on jonttt's s54 m roadster

Comment

Yep it retracts the big sunroof

Think I had better ad a signature :-)
                Last edited by Jonttt; 24-01-2010, 07:17 PM.
                VIDEO or Journal

Comment

I use a storm replacement..have never missed the illumination as i know where it is! they also do a replacement handbrake ...looks great and works a treat!

Comment

Trivial information but thought Id share it - the s50 and s54 nobs are different and have different connectors to plug in. S54 top is a lighter shade of black on the top too.

Like I said triv, and I only know as I replaced mine with coupe fans s54.

Comment

Just got one of these delivered

Illuminated AC Schnitzer Gear stick

Almost identical to the ZHP but lights up (small things.......)
                      VIDEO or Journal

Comment

My oem gear knob broke a whilst back - a little plastic tab fell out into the gaiter - so occasionally it twists on the gear stick or lifts off of it. Usually at the most inopportune moments.

Got some funds finally for a replacement and whilst I like the look of the ZHP I miss the AC Schnitzer one in my old S50 - so I've contacted Bilal at Storm Motorworks today to order a V2 for mine. Should look good in the black and red interior I think but may regret it next winter when it gets silly cold again. :-)
                        Last edited by 'Yadi; 28-01-2010, 09:43 PM.
                        ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
                        now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

i also stay waiting an v2 titanium for me,i hope arrive shortly...one week to payment an until see it ......
                          www.fastdrive.org
                          S50 black/black-red In Rome
                          Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Bilal at Storm Motorwerks is a decent chap and his parts are first class!

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                              Bilal at Storm Motorwerks is a decent chap and his parts are first class!
                              Hope my last wasn't miscontrued - missed a smiley at the end (about how cold a hefty steel gear knob may be in the winter if its another cold)

Bilal was very quick to get back to me on email and answer some questions on his product. Certainly can't find anything but praise for it on an online search and based on correspondence a decent chap indeed
                              ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
                              now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

Working...
                              X