Seat refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat refurb

Just finished re-dyeing the seat for my m roadster and thought I would post some progress photos as I plan on doing the coupe seats next
    When I purchased the roadster someone had re trimmed the front seats with a different leather that was not to my taste so I purchased a second hand set to do a make over on. The car came with full black interior from the factory
    I first stripped the seats to change the seat belt guides as they were broken these cost 15.26 from BMW and it was quite a simple job.
    Seats pre work

I first sanded whole seat with extra fine sanding pad
    I then filled all worn areas with putty filler this was rubbed down with 1200 guage paper and wash in leather wash

The dye was applied using a sponge and was given four coats the the satin finish was given three coats using a air brush ,this takes a full seven days to fully cure and after this period I will treat the leather with leather feed to make extra soft and add even more protection
    Last edited by Das930; 28-01-2014, 06:59 AM.

Curious as to the seat belt guide on the left hand side ????

Comment

Maybe a roadster thing ,?lhd as well now I've actually thought about it

Comment

I'll correct myself before anyone else does , it's on the right hand side , really should look at the pics first

Comment

I think they were only on the roadster as haven't got them on coupe
          Bad design as they are fitted through leather and always break
          Won't be reto fitting to the coupe for sure!

Comment

It's because on the Coupe the seatbelt is in the traditional place on the b-post, but on the Roadster it's further back/lower down so is better with the guide though the seat, otherwise would be too far back to reach.

Comment

Seems to make sense to me...as i hadn't seen that arrangement on a coupe before!

Comment

Working...
              X