D&S interiors (leather repairs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&S interiors (leather repairs)

Just got my car back from these guys, based in the middle of nowhere just outside Chesham. Had both the driver and passenger side bolsters repaired (imola) - the drivers side was very worn and cracked, the passengers side had a scratch in it which I tried to repair with a gliptone kit that turned out to be the wrong colour

They took a bit of leather from under the seat to send off for a colour match and have made a very good job of the seat - the match is perfect. All for £60 including the dye.

They can be found on the web at www.dnsinteriors.co.uk - ignore the awful web design skills...
    '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Excellent, that's really worth knowing about -denim rivets are not kind to the bolsters. How did you come across their awful website?

Would be interested to compare prices with the Porsche place in Southampton.

How long did it take?

Comment

I left the car with them for 24 hours.

IIRC I was searching for a bodyshop/smart repair place for my other car and stumbled across their site...
      '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

This is interesting as it's similar money to buy the Gliptone/Bespoke Leathering kit & without the headache.
        Hmmmm.....

Comment

looked for ages for someone to tackle my seat !, in the end i did it myself

Comment

Originally posted by brg 990 View Post
            looked for ages for someone to tackle my seat !, in the end i did it myself
            That's the only thing, my drivers seat has got to come out to fit some seat bushes so I could do it myself. Just worried about cocking it up tbh.

Comment

Took my seats out to do the bushes last year. That was the easy bit. The leather repair was a disaster. Despite the gliptone dye being called "Imola" it was completely the wrong colour.

IMO for the price I'd much rather get someone who knows how to do it...

Comment

If anyone is looking to do it themselves the small scuff master kit is available on ebay direct from bespoke leathering for under £20......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...WNASIF:GB:1123
                S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by maph View Post
                  If anyone is looking to do it themselves the small scuff master kit is available on ebay direct from bespoke leathering for under £20......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...WNASIF:GB:1123
                  Just ordered a black Nappa scuff kit, cheers for the link.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X