Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a spare just in case and arrived today also

Comment

My car doesn't have the HK upgrade so obviously just has the open space on the left in the boot, which I keep a few bits and pieces in. However, they don't stay there long when driving about. How do these covers fit? Just wondering if I could get one and use it to keep my stuff in place?

Edit: Ah, just clicked through to the eBay page and seen the picture of the rear. Looks like it clips in to the subwoofer then, yes?
      Last edited by Fat Tony; 05-05-2012, 05:45 AM.
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

i just signed up, will form a nice part of my pre Silverstone spruce up.

Comment

Fat..it clips onto the opening on the cover the same way as the cover fits the auto changer sub obviously fits behind the cover.No Sub,No cover,no fret...

Comment

Hi All
            Quick revival of this thread if you don't mind!
            I don't have the HK subwoofer on the left hand side of the boot and it looks as though somebody removed the 6 disc CD changer leaving the hole which looks rather unsightly!

I therefore went out and bought the cover from the Stealers at a cost of about £45, but can I get the bl00dy thing on!!!???

Does anybody have any experience with getting this cover to fit? surely it should fit right out the box, but it appears as though the clips attached to the back of the cover which should clip inside the hole are too short.

Any suggestions, much appreciated.
            Dan
            Current Rides: Estoril '99 S50 Z3 M Coupe, Black '11 Range Rover Sport HSE, Guards Red '91 Porsche 964 Cabriolet
            Former Rides: Carbon Black/Kiwi '02 E46 M3 Convertible, Sprint Blue/Black '04 RS4 Convertible, Sterling Grey/Black '04 Alpina Roadster S (No. 67), Hyper Blue/Black '04 Mini Cooper S Convertible, Chilli Red/Black '04 Works Mini Cooper S

Comment

it should just clip in - has something been added on the inside of the opening making it thicker?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                it should just clip in - has something been added on the inside of the opening making it thicker?
                Hi Dave
                I've just double checked, but no, there's nothing been added to the inside to make it thicker so I tried installing again, but still no good. Any particular method I should attempt, or one side before another etc..?
                Current Rides: Estoril '99 S50 Z3 M Coupe, Black '11 Range Rover Sport HSE, Guards Red '91 Porsche 964 Cabriolet
                Former Rides: Carbon Black/Kiwi '02 E46 M3 Convertible, Sprint Blue/Black '04 RS4 Convertible, Sterling Grey/Black '04 Alpina Roadster S (No. 67), Hyper Blue/Black '04 Mini Cooper S Convertible, Chilli Red/Black '04 Works Mini Cooper S

Comment

Mate,i remember fitting mine,i got it from the States just the same as Dave P,i can tell you that they do take a bit of pressure to fit..and you should hear a click once in place! i am sure the reason most people dont have these fitted,as you cant get the bloody things off easily and i am sure they break the small lugs which hold them on to the actual big casing part!which is quite flexible.

Comment

When I first bought the car, it took me a couple of months to realise I had a CD player behind the plate
                    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by toftdan View Post
                      Any suggestions, much appreciated.
                      *hypnotic mode on* This cover does not fit your car. Sell it to sk8flex for 5.00 GBP *hypnotic mode off*

Comment

doesnt really help but,

http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/04/14/68

Comment

did you sort it?

Comment

Working...
                          X