S54 Register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S54 Register

I am willing to set up a register, with information for buyers/owners to check current/previous details and histories of cars.

Just putting up this thread to see how willing current S54 owners of the site are, with regards to sending me details of their cars (i.e. chassis number, original UK registration, specs, mods, etc)

If I can get something decent sorted, I will start doing the same with the S50's

Let me know ?

email address below:

Code:
    s54register (at) gmail (dot) com
    any willing owners are welcomed to send through details of their car/s.
    if i have any info already on them, i would be more than happy to provide

===============================

colour breakdown for all RHD S54's (worldwide)

123 for UK

20 in estoril blue
    5 in imola red
    4 in laguna seca blue
    2 in oxford green
    15 in phoenix yellow
    37 in sapphire black
    9 in steel grey
    31 in titan silver
    39 for South Africa

2 in alpine white
    6 in estoril blue
    6 in imola red
    1 in oxford green
    9 in sapphire black
    1 in steel grey
    14 in titan silver
    2 for Australia

1 in phoenix yellow
    1 in steel grey
    1 for Sri Lanka

1 in titan silver
    Last edited by indy; 03-03-2013, 03:22 PM.

Click here to email me

Sounds fine by me!

The last 7 digits of the VIN shouldnt be anything over-disclosing anyway is it?

Could we not do it on a normal thread like the register where people populate their data? I dont mind sending you it Indy but just thinking of peoples concerns!
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
      Sounds fine by me!

The last 7 digits of the VIN shouldnt be anything over-disclosing anyway is it?

Could we not do it on a normal thread like the register where people populate their data? I dont mind sending you it Indy but just thinking of peoples concerns!

cheers mr spooks!

last 7 digits is fine, but the right (or WRONG!) people can get a lot of information with just that, hence why i think some may not want it publically displayed (if owners wanted to do that themselves, they could start a 'journal' type thread with the information publically viewable)

i already have some info saved on previous cars ive enquired about, or just random info i have gathered from some searches in my spare time.

i am interested to see how many are really left, what colours, what specs, and where they are (im not looking for just the UK registered S54's, but all the worldwide remaining RHD S54's, and even details on ones that are no longer on the road etc...)

i think some owners may not want to give info, which is understandable, and cool with me, but i will still be collecting and saving info i find (that will probably include any i spot when out and about too!!!)

i have setup an e-mail address which i have now added to the original post.

Click here to email me

Comment

If you know the VIN ranges you can get everything off BMW online database.

The roady's are all in the same batch of VINS so I presume the coupes are as well ?

You get the full spec list of every car including options, whether it was a press car and even the country it was prepped for.

1. Click http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/homepage/
        2. From the BMW Owner Area menu, choose Genuine BMW Parts
        3. From the menu on the left had side of the page click Parts Catalogue
        4. From the lower part of the screen click Electronic parts catalogue. Find genuine spare parts and accessories for your BMW.
        5. Use the username eu111111 and the password bmwetk1
        6. Enter the last 7 digits of your VIN number and click >>
        7. From the top of the next window, click Options. This displays a new window with the information on extras

You will need to do this for each VIN (I did it for all 73 RHD S54 Roady's). I printed each to PDF and then compiled a spreadsheet cross referencing each VIN to all options.

So if you have the VIN ranges you don't need any help to do it, just a few hours

Here is the Roady one with all of the WebETK prints for each car as an example:

RHD S54 Z3m Roady Database

Have fun
        VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Why should the details of my, or anyone else's, car be made into public knowledge? What does compiling a register hope to achieve? All a bit too anorak, even for me.
          Last edited by exdos; 10-07-2012, 12:58 PM.
          /// Exdos ///
          "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

it will be ideal for detailers when its raining
            [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

it would be good to have a breakdown of the colours sold in numbers cant see what else would be of much interest?
              Last edited by Dave P; 01-03-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
                it will be ideal for detailers when its raining
                Another of your classics!

I still chuckle about your one about "wickerbills".
                /// Exdos ///
                "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
                  (I did it for all 73 RHD S54 Roady's). I printed each to PDF and then compiled a spreadsheet cross referencing each VIN to all options.
                  Have you ever tried to spell, "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" using alphabetti spaghetti? :)

Comment

in response to exdos, as said, i dont want to be posting any specific information in public, and dont plan to unless there is any real reason for it (at the moment i cant see why it should be done, especially if an owner requests for it to not be done) the only time i think it would be appropriate, is if the current owner of the car is happy for specific information to be posted (for example current mileage, spec, modifications etc ? that isnt my plan or anything, but it could be done if requested!)

i do think its a good idea to compile some standard base facts on these cars, since so many questions get asked about them and nobody seems to know the REAL answers (mainly in regards to colours and specs, how many produced and how many left)

for example when someone registers as a new user here and doesnt know anything/much about MC's, but are serious to learn about them, and buy one, they ask a question like "how many of -----" were made in "-------" colour, with "-------" spec, even some long termer forum members are giving out incorrect information with regards to specs/colours etc, posting hearsay, rather than real information and giving people misinformation.

i remember reading on here somewhere (and on another website, so the rumour of it has spread) that there were only 3 steel grey coupe's ? in RHD in UK. so far, i have 4 VIN's of UK cars, that state they were steel grey from new, so that puts one "fact" as it was posted, into question. makes me wonder about others that i have read in the past, and id really like to get to the bottom of some questions.

the guy who posted the other day asking, looking for a black z3m, s54, less than 50k. how do we even know such a car now exists ?

all the black ones could be well over 50k miles by now (im pretty sure that i know of one that shouldnt be over 50k by now, judging by the last mileage/date i remember it to be at, but it isnt for sale )

i will continue to compile info on whatever i have, and if i ever get to a point where i think im confident enough to post some factual information that could be informative enough to readers here, i will do something about it

if anyone is willing to send details of their car, i would appreciate it.
                    if not, i might snoop around at gaydon or whatever, and see what i can find

thanks all.

i must now be the z3mc equivalent of a trainspotter great!

Click here to email me

Comment

The answer to the question is simple to me.

It adds to my enjoyment of owning such a rare BMW and adds value to the cars (I've been offered stupid money for mine as its documented one of four and none are for sale )

A respected member of Zroadster.net spent many years trying to compile the database (as indy is for the coupes). He died this year and I wanted to finish his work (that is the main reason I spent a day of my life doing it when I realsied I could)

I can be an anorak when I want to be, I can also drive fast cars. A hobby car is by default more than just a car to drive to me

Ps I could get the specs for any of your cars including VIN within minutes if I wanted so don't be so paranoid. If someone really wanted it they could get it soooo easily.
                      Last edited by Jonttt; 10-07-2012, 08:27 PM.
                      VIDEO or Journal

Comment

just to confirm, so far i am up to 165 vin numbers, and i cant seem to find another (1? or) 3.

i have read through magazines and online resources that there are/were 168 RHD coupes made with the S54, but also read elsewhere that there were only 166.

then i read that there are 125 in the UK (this is also recently quoted on sytners advert for the latest silver S54 they are selling) and again rumours fly around that 40 RHD S54's are/were originally sold in SA

so from that info, 125 + 40 does add up to 165.
                        i am wondering if the other 3 exist.

i can find out how many of this 165 that i have on file were UK or SA cars, and will go from there.

in the mean time, id appreciate if anyone willing, would send details of their car, incase they have 1 of the missing possible 3 remaining (if they exist)

one step closer to creating some new facts

Click here to email me

Comment

here is where im at so far.

i have details of the 40 S54's for south africa, and they were all specced with low compression engines (prob for crap fuel)
                          there were 2 alpine white S54's

i have details of 2 australian S54's (steel grey and phoenix yellow)

i have details of 1 RHD S54 (titan silver) with an unknown destination. one thing about that unknown car, is it was specced for leaded fuel and also dials in KMH.
                          the build date is 15/05/2001, at which point there were only a certain few countries that still used leaded fuel (at the mo i dont know where it went, possibly somewhere like indonesia ? but no facts on that yet)

122 UK cars is what i have confirmed details of.
                          still bringing to a total of 165.

if the other 3 (168 total ?) cars do exist, i dont know of their vin's (yet)

so are there 3 missing UK cars, or not!!!
                          Last edited by indy; 01-03-2013, 05:12 PM.

Click here to email me

Comment

info added to original post.
                            Last edited by indy; 01-03-2013, 05:11 PM.

Click here to email me

Comment

There may have been 3 pre production cars (the vins will be in sequence but production date will be before Feb/01) or press cars (the options list will confirm them).

The Roady's had 6 prototypes or press cars and originally reported as 79 made but there are only 73 so its obvious the prototype/press cars where double counted. May well be the same for the 3 "missing" coupes ?

I woud be interested to know how many Imola RHD S54 Coupes were made in UK spec ;-)
                              VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X