No announcement yet.

Wheels & Spacers - decisions decisions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels & Spacers - decisions decisions!

Hi everyone! Been a long time lurking and finally signed up to post.

Currently exploring wheel options on the MC and looking for advice on spacers if possible please.

Before I splash out on a new set of wheels (when I finally do decide what style to go for!!) I'm going to put on a set of 18's that have been gathering dust for a while but have cleaned up very nicely, just to see how they ride / look.

Trouble is I'm unsure about spacers. I want to fill the arches a bit more with a slightly wider stance than the standard set up.

The wheels I have are all 8.5 x 18 with an offset of 38 and are shod with 225/40 on the front and 255/35 at the rear. Can anyone tell me what spacers I'll need front and rear to fit these to the MC?

In the longer term, having spent far too long poring through the M Coupe Pictures Thread for inspiration, I'm feeling drawn towards the 18" BBS LM's unless anyone can persuade me otherwise......

Look forward to hearing opinions on what looks good on a Titan Silver MC!!

Cheers!
    S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12236

my old girl for some inspiration

Comment

Welcome to the forum , the 8.5 et 38 would be ok for the front but not ideal for the rear as the standard coupe wheel is 9" wide et 8 so even with a 20mm spacer your wheel wouldn't fill the arch

Comment

As above, an 8.5x18 at the back will look a bit limp on the Coupe, but might be ok to gauge an idea of how 18s might look. Ideally an 18" rear needs to be 9.5J or wider and of course low offset.

Even with a 40mm spacer it will only just sit about the same a stock rear rim, and for many they sit a little too inward on the rear as it is.
        Last edited by c_w; 25-04-2016, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys! I may skip the interim "trial" wheels then and just get my wallet out.

So, the big question is... which wheels shall I go for? I'd like to keep with a deep dish for the rears! I've seen some nice LM's but they have a 35 offset on a 9" rear so by my calcs may need a 30mm spacer!! Is that a bit extreme?

I'm struggling to find many options with low offsets, so I guess spacers will be a necessity.
          S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

Originally posted by S50Missile View Post
            Those wheels look great.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ Westerby View Post
              Thanks guys! I may skip the interim "trial" wheels then and just get my wallet out.

So, the big question is... which wheels shall I go for? I'd like to keep with a deep dish for the rears! I've seen some nice LM's but they have a 35 offset on a 9" rear so by my calcs may need a 30mm spacer!! Is that a bit extreme?

I'm struggling to find many options with low offsets, so I guess spacers will be a necessity.
              If I was looking at this kind of money I'd get a set of wheels with proper fitment, this may take a while/some searching. Personally a 9x18 isn't wide enough at that diameter, and of course the offset needs to be low so you get a nice dish. A 9x18 ET35 is 3-series fitment, looks fine on those, but the flared arches of the Coupe need something more dished and meatier. 18x10 with a low et5 is something to aim for IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X