Z3M Coupes........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z3M Coupes........

Why are there so many Coupes that come up for sale now are always on the list? What percentage of the value should they be compared to a non recorded one?
    2000 BMW Z3M COUPE.
    2006 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo.
    07 Volvo V70 D5
    1972 Suzuki Gt750J.
    1972 Suzuki Gt550J.

Some of my old cars.........http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gman69/library/CARS

The cars that are cat d have been for sale for a long time and given that they haven't sold, I would imagine they are of not a great standard.

A friend of mine recently bought a coupe that was cat d and had been fastidiously maintained after a repair years ago and he picked it up for £14k.

Also there are a couple of non cat cars that have been for sale for ages also.

So remove these from the 'available' cars and I think there aren't a huge amount to sale.

On to the topic of value of cat d cars versus non recorded 'clean' cars.

I am very much of the opinion that a cat d car is perfectly fine if it has been repaired correctly and it depends upon the damage. There are many coupes out there that have been crashed and repaired by insurers that are unrecorded but still could be 'damaged' to the same extent as a cat car.

The value has to be taken 'car' by 'car' so I don't think you can say it's 'x%' of the value of a non recorded car.

My view would be, a mint condition and well maintained coupe will fetch £20k+ even with over 100k miles.

So a cat d coupe of the same condition and history could make £14-£15k in my opinion.

But that's just me!

R
    Last edited by Rags; 12-05-2016, 06:25 AM.

Comment

mine is a cat d due to an accicent when the car was a few years old.the second owner had a company inspect before purchase and there were no issues.it did not put me of buying a 16 year old car.i have replaced rear quarters and sills ,full paint new brakes exhaust etc so have to inspected car thoroughly and have no issues.i did however feel a bit more confident about purchase with the inspection certificate,

Comment

Originally posted by jess robson View Post
        mine is a cat d due to an accicent when the car was a few years old.the second owner had a company inspect before purchase and there were no issues.it did not put me of buying a 16 year old car.i have replaced rear quarters and sills ,full paint new brakes exhaust etc so have to inspected car thoroughly and have no issues.i did however feel a bit more confident about purchase with the inspection certificate,
        This is it.

The value is affected because of the cat d and the fears about the condition of the repair.

If you eradicate the latter, then the former is less of an issue.

Obviously value will always be something less BUT not much less, maybe 30%

Comment

The real answer is Two fold
          1st. High value so easily a cat D when new

2nd. A. S50 has 320 Bhp fat back tyres
          No traction control and in poor weather
          Bad no grip
          Accident waiting to happen
          [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Cat D pre-repaired condition varies quite a lot as it reflects a decision by the insurer not to repair it and write it off. So a Cat D on a few year old car would have to be quite substantial for it to be deemed uneconomical to repair as the value of the car was still quite high. About 4 or 5 yrs ago when values were at their lowest, it could have just been a few panels that would make a Cat D.

Comment

Working...
            X