Part number required???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part number required???

I have had to get under my car and now need to replace the long undertray that goes the length of the car i have the one that goes across the front including the smaller part that goes on top, along with the part you remove that hides the sump plug,its the main one that goes down the 2/3rds the length of the car...the part number on the old one that i have taken off is 51-71-2494700 BMW cant find this ??? any help apreciated..Mel.

This one Mel?

Comment

Yes Dave,i did remove the small piece of ally from it,also when i removed the front crossbrace etc...i found a smallish piece of aluminum fall out from near the front manifold???it cleaned up ok and has three fixing points with the name GERHARD stamped on it,have no idea about it ???

Comment

This all due to an oil leak!!!aaarh..on investigation it looks like its from the front,not oil cooler related tho.

Comment

Mel not sure if they are all the same so you would need to check with realoem/dealer but here's the link ,

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...70&hg=51&fg=75

If you could picture the part that fell off I may be able to ID but have a look at my revamp thread as there are lots of pictures taken showing the underneath of my MC.

Comment

The metal piece is a heat shield which I have the part number for as I bought a replacement - I will dig out the part number

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
              The metal piece is a heat shield which I have the part number for as I bought a replacement - I will dig out the part number
              Could be part #13

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...51&fg=70&hl=29

Mine is stamped "Gerhardi" with a difficult to read part number
              Last edited by Dave P; 02-04-2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Dave i appreciate your help with this!!! yup it is a heatshield..but where does it go ???the other cover for the underside dosnt look right tho?as there are no indentations for the crossbrace?

Comment

May be different on your car as mine is a Nov 1998 ?

You can just see the exhaust shield in situ in this picture to the left of the cross brace, (the large plastic undertray then attaches to this I think

Comment

Yup! thats where it came from!!! i guess when i am ready to put the trays etc back on i will become aparent how it fits! thanks for your help mate,

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                      Yup! thats where it came from!!! i guess when i am ready to put the trays etc back on i will become aparent how it fits! thanks for your help mate,
                      Just fit it before the large tray and make sure the fittings are still attached (body nuts)x2

Comment

May be different on your car as mine is a Nov 1998 ?

You can just see the exhaust shield in situ in this picture to the left of the cross brace, (the large plastic undertray then attaches to this I think

Sorry to take this off topic but does the drop link off the front strut connect straight to the anti roll bar, hence only 1 drop link per side?

Realoem shows 2 per side which I don't think is right.
                        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                          Sorry to take this off topic but does the drop link off the front strut connect straight to the anti roll bar, hence only 1 drop link per side?

Realoem shows 2 per side which I don't think is right.
                          Just one per side - I think realoem shows two different sizes as the M Coupe/R has longer ones than other models
                          Last edited by Dave P; 02-04-2013, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Front and rear ARB drop links and fittings,

Comment

Front and rear ARB drop links and fittings,

Spot on Dave

In that case all those parts have been ordered new, nuts and brackets from BMW, rear drop links from Euro Car Parts and the front drop links will come with the KW kit, happy days!
                              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Working...
                              X