No announcement yet.

2001 S54 for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some fairly non-committal responses there.

All too often people revert to the "it's worth what someone will pay" position. There's one element you're missing though - it's worth what someone will pay AND what the seller will accept. Looking at their stock, I think it's safe to say they're not worried where their next meal is coming from, so an offer of £30k is unlikely to be accepted.

So let me re-phrase my question: in the current market, given the scarcity of supply and the mileage and condition of this S54 offered at POA, what do we think should be a sensible asking price..?
    S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ Westerby View Post
      Some fairly non-committal responses there
      Because as a forum we're trying to move away from discussing or influencing the prices that people achieve for their cars, especially in For Sale threads.

Few of us see the cars in the flesh, hear them running or drive them, so aren't in the position to comment
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
        Because as a forum we're trying to move away from discussing or influencing the prices that people achieve for their cars, especially in For Sale threads.

Few of us see the cars in the flesh, hear them running or drive them, so aren't in the position to comment
        I appreciate that we'd moved away from the "that's stoopid money" comments on private For Sale threads but on a POA advert I just thought a bit of harmless speculation may be an interesting discussion. I doubt it will affect or influence the price in this instance. "Active members dropping", I hear...

Comment

Well guys...its my car and I have no idea what the right price is either!

I originally had the car up for £59,995 and had someone who came close but pulled out at the last minute

I think (and its the dealers call) that its up for £55k now

Before you ask, I have no idea what the right price is - I don't need to sell it other than to free up space - so am happy to wait and see where the market goes

Comment

I think if you’re prepared to hang on for the right buyer (ie you’re not in a rush) then that’s a fair price
            S54 M Coupe
            D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Diametric123 View Post
              I think (and its the dealers call) that its up for £55k now
              When I spoke to Neil (at Hairpin) at the weekend, he told me "fifty grand". (For my tuppence worth, it'd be worth clarifying to avoid a thread about the risks of SOR.)

The market's definitely slowed on these recently, but the S54 is a rare beast (and rarer still with lovely mileage like this one) so it's worth that all day long. As Howiez said if you can wait then it'll find a buyer - in my experience, the end of March early April is when "the season" begins and enthusiasts start to spend money again.

Comment

Working...
              X