Spark plug change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug change

Help please to get cover off t get at spark plugs and is it easy job, just bought some new ones today at 60 quid and intend to try it myself
    thanks

A doddle mate! you will find all the tools needed in your cars tool kit...first you will need the allen type key...to take the m/// cover off,once removed,then use the small round socket with the hole in the shaft,poke the screwdriver or other to undo the coil pack nuts they simply come off with the long spark plug cap attached,you will then find the long plug spanner in the the tool kit again this has a hole enabling you to apply some leverage aswell,the plugs sit quite deep...i cleaned all electrical contacts up with some cleaner before reversing the procedure.simples.

Comment

thanks very much for the info , just a quickie , what torque would they be and is it worth putting some copper grease on the threads?

cheers kevin

Comment

I can't remember the torque off the top of my head, but with spark plugs *DO NOT* use copper (or any other) grease. They reach a far higher temperature than the operating temp of the grease and will only help to stick them in place in the head. On the subject of the torque it is important not to over-do them, but I'm sure someone will be along with a firm setting soon.

Comment

plugs and rough engine

well i finally got the spark plugs changed after some advice on here and i must say it was simples. and also found out why it was going rough the damn pipe from the airbox had come off , the jubilee must have broke or just come off for whatever reason anyway fixed and going like a dream

Comment

Where is the pipe from the airbox anyway? Underneath the airbox? I've noticed a rough idle...perhaps this is the culprit.
            sigpic

Comment

ita just at the back right of the box as you look at it from the wing leaning in its a large pipe about 1 1/4 dia and it must have came off with the clip breaking or some thing

Comment

Working...
              X