• Show
Clear All

• Silver S50 Silverstone NEC Auction

Silver S50 low miles to be auctioned at Silverstone NEC 11/11/17

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...-coupe/7925754#

Looks to be this coupe,

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...--1999/7494651#

Comment

Could be, it's certainly got the same blue calipers.

Comment

They brought my old one . They got cold feet on it and tried selling via the trade . Bet they wish they had it now for the price they paid for it . So do I come to think of it .

Comment

Will be interesting to see what this one makes on Sunday. I may be in attendance so will be keen to have a closer look. I think you can see in the pics that it appears to have the obligatory M badge covering the Rover emblem on the CD Player

There's some nice metal going through but I'll be keeping my hands firmly in my pockets (although it's always fun to have the maiden bid safe in the knowledge you'll be outbid - pub bragging rights of bidding quarter of a million on a Lambo Countach only to be "disappointed" at being outbid!!)

Auctions at shows like this are great for sellers once the "I'm considerably richer than yowwww" brigade start bidding!
          S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

semi serious comment - the Rover badge bodge does suggest it has been owned by a less than completely committed BMW fan - you can get the BMW version for the price of a tank of fuel extra....

Comment

It was in from a bmw dealer apparently. Looks a nice car apart from some rust coming through by the offside wing mirror. It made £38k on a phone bid!!
              Loads of cars are struggling too make their estimates today, but I’d say that was a good result for the MC!

Comment

Originally posted by PJ Westerby View Post
                It was in from a bmw dealer apparently. Looks a nice car apart from some rust coming through by the offside wing mirror. It made £38k on a phone bid!!
                Loads of cars are struggling too make their estimates today, but I’d say that was a good result for the MC!
                For sale by Lawton Brook I think, strong money

Comment

Sold, £42750. http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/bmw-z3-m-coupe

Comment

Would it be £38,000 + sellers 12.5% commission ?

Comment

Indeed, the hammer fell at £38,500. Buyer's premium is 12.5% +VAT (although they only publish the full price excluding VAT, presumably as most of their buyers will get the VAT back a la Paradise Papers )

On the whole seemed a good car - if I were being hypercritical, the rear bumper looked a smidge out of alignment at the rear lights and rear arches.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ Westerby View Post
                        what a strange place for it to rust.
                        Strong money!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
                          what a strange place for it to rust.
                          Strong money!!
                          It was just below the window seal by the quarter light, ahead of the mirror. I've seen this on quite a few Z3's, MC's and Roadsters along the top edge of doors and rear quarters beneath the window seal. Apologies for the poor pic, but you should be able to see it and also where it's beginning to distort the seal. Certainly not a reason to not buy the car though, just an observation.

Comment

Comment

Certainly a few anoraks standing around looking at it in this pic

Comment

Working...
                              X