OBD II Socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD II Socket

Can anyone tell me if the OBD II socket under the steering column has any sort of cover?

It does have a cover.
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
      It does have a cover.
      Thanks Ian - cant see it listed on realoem but will keep looking

Comment

The main diagnostic socket for the S50 engines is under the bonnet, it’s just before it moved to OBD style inside the car, models built around this time had both sockets fitted. Not sure why this was as the OBD has little function & may explain why there’s no part number listed.

As far as I know the E46 socket/ cover is the same. I’d order one of those.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...&q=61136920069

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I bought a new lower trim panel but it came with just a hole were the OBD II socket would be/is

Comment

my coupe which is early S50 has no OBD II

Comment

Cover that fits in OBD II isn't listed on realoem from what I can see and part number on cover doesn't come up on any search's

Comment

My guess is that its part of the socket. You unclip it and it pivots down for code reader access.
                S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

picture showing obd socket,

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X