Forced Induction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced Induction

I own a 2000 s50. Looking to up the power to between 450-500bhp. Supercharging seems to be the way to go in order to retain the linear torque delivery. A couple of questions if I may:

1.would it be cheaper for me to modify the internals on th s50 or just swap the s50 in for an s54?
    2. Can anyone recommend a tuning company who have successfully carried out this type of conversion on an m?

As always i appreciate your expertise gents.

Dan

Supercharging

An S54 engine is suitable & Simpsons in Gloucester are the blokes for the job.

Comment

thanks Doug. I'll get on the phone to them

Comment

If you don't mind driving a left hooker you shall buy mine :)
        Otherwise supercharging an s50 would be around 7-8k at least (being optimistic). There are bolt on kits for the s54 but together with the swap you will be looking at 10-12k.

Comment

Grunt!!!!!!!!!!

And your Price is----???
          safetyfast

Comment

Will be looking for 18.5k as it is at the moment (some stone chips and a small scuff on the front bumper) or 20k after full respray. Haven't put it up for sale yet as I am still waiting to see what's gonna happen with the whole viper story. For the records it's a 1998 with 34k miles on the clock

Comment

Oxam Ive sent you a PM

Comment

£20K Sounds like a good deal given the cost of a decent conversion!
                I was at Simpsons last week and I'm not sure how much luck you'd have with getting a conversion done by them. They are more focused on the race stuff these days however if they will do it, you can be sure of an A1 result!

Comment

Originally posted by V12s View Post
                  £20K Sounds like a good deal given the cost of a decent conversion!
                  I was at Simpsons last week and I'm not sure how much luck you'd have with getting a conversion done by them. They are more focused on the race stuff these days however if they will do it, you can be sure of an A1 result!
                  i want to see more pics of YOUR car

have you done any recent changes/mods/upgrades to it?

full spec list, pics, a good write up please (any issues in the time since you had the conversion done? etc)

Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
                  X