Slick Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slick Tyres

Last weekend goes to vallelunga,dont tracked (smile hungry),but see many m3 and various gt3 ectt fitted it,there is an tyre shop in rome sell slick used tyre and they provide to transport and fit into the circuit..
    Consider my car had an strong setup can goes fine for it,but anyone tried the slick,i see they had different size numbers compared to normal car,what is the right size for oem wheels?
    The million dollar answer..is really faster an pair of second in track of 2 minute compared to an good semislick or goes samilar?
    www.fastdrive.org
    S50 black/black-red In Rome
    Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Full slicks are the ultimate for dry grip and are probably have just as much grip again over semi slicks, as semi slicks have over normal road tyres.

Problem is slicks suffer most from "heat cycles" so if they are used they won't give the full potential, but will still be very very grippy compared with anything else.

Slicks are usually 240/610/17 or similar. The sizings the same (240 width, 17" wheel) but 610 refers to 610mm diameter (height of the tyre). Sometimes the 240 is just 24[cm] and the 610 is just 61[cm] (245/61/17).

May as well give them a go! You may struggle getting the stagger correct though, but a 240 should be fine on the back.

Comment

very thanks for c_w
      Anyway an ps2 vs khumo v70a proven by me is around 4-5 second in vallelunga..heheh nice to eard that..
      www.fastdrive.org
      S50 black/black-red In Rome
      Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Just be careful about the oil !
        Ex 2001 S54
        New cars:
        Lotus Carlton
        350Z

Comment

and I wouldn't put slicks on a car without roll cage...you would be surprised how easy you can land upside down

Comment

Working...
          X