Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilstein B8 with standard springs

Hi All,

has anyone used Bilstein B8 (sprint) shocks on their MC with standard springs? if so, did it handle good and was the ride height the same or higher?

also, has anyone used H&R Springs with B8 Shocks? i've managed to score myself a set of H&R springs and B8 shocks at a cracker price but not sure if i want to use the springs.

Cheers
    Warren

H&R springs are pretty good (and very expensive new).

I think the B8s would work fine with the stock springs, because even though the dampers are supposed to have a shorted piston rod they still have plenty of droop when the car is raised so will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mm332 View Post
      Hi All,

has anyone used Bilstein B8 (sprint) shocks on their MC with standard springs? if so, did it handle good and was the ride height the same or higher?

also, has anyone used H&R Springs with B8 Shocks? i've managed to score myself a set of H&R springs and B8 shocks at a cracker price but not sure if i want to use the springs.

Cheers
      Warren
      Welcome to the forum

Comment

I am running H&R springs and B8s and would recommend you putting both on. The combination is a common mod for good reason.... on mine it dramatically reduced the nose lifting under acceleration and diving under braking. I fitted H&R ARBs at the same time so not able to comment on their impact on cornering in isolation.

My original OEM items had about 52K on them and were in good shape but the above were a big improvement all round.

The H&R springs will lower you slightly, however I find that ground clearance is still pretty good given the type of car.
        S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
          Welcome to the forum
          Thank you :) your journal has helped me put together my M Roadster!

Originally posted by maph View Post
          I am running H&R springs and B8s and would recommend you putting both on. The combination is a common mod for good reason.... on mine it dramatically reduced the nose lifting under acceleration and diving under braking. I fitted H&R ARBs at the same time so not able to comment on their impact on cornering in isolation.

My original OEM items had about 52K on them and were in good shape but the above were a big improvement all round.

The H&R springs will lower you slightly, however I find that ground clearance is still pretty good given the type of car.
          sounds great, ill just install the whole kit if that's the case, are the standard ARB's ok? or do i really need to upgrade them? i've also recently upgraded the steering rack to a non M Z3, that'll dramatically improve steering sharpness.

thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mm332 View Post

.......are the standard ARB's ok? or do i really need to upgrade them?
            The H&R are a lot bigger/ stiffer and do reduce body roll and again are a very popular mod. I have not heard of anyone who did not like them.

If I were you I would fit what you have and see what you think before looking at the ARBs. If you fit new ARBs later you will be able to see what impact they have in isolation....... no need to do it all at once!
            S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

The H&R are a lot bigger/ stiffer and do reduce body roll and again are a very popular mod. I have not heard of anyone who did not like them.
              I agree H&R seems like a more popular choice for mods.
              Anyone here who has a Bilstein shocks + H&R springs setup? Is it better than Koni sport with H&R springs?

Comment

I run b6's with oem springs,i did'nt want to lower my car as there are a few speed bumps around, i also have hr's fitted, along with a non "m" steering rack..recently fitted new OEM bushes to the subframe too.Out of all the noticable enhancments i find the ARB's to be the most noticable,obviously new shocks and bushes are noticable too...you wont be dissapointed.

Comment

Agree with Maph - switched about 2 years ago and haven't looked back to B8's and H&R - only issue I've ever had is with those silly speed bumps in the middle of the road, the one's that don't stretch over the whole road, they're sometimes a little high if you try and go straight over, but you just take one side of the car over it and you're fine :)

Comment

Working...
                  X