Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norway

Going to Bergan, Norway this weekend. We've already arranged a cruise of the Fjords, but is there anything that is a must do around Bergan.
    From Z3 MC to Z4 MC... glad to be back

Take a sick bag for the cruise. I went to norway about 5 year ago with work and had to take a boat to an island and i have never puked as much in my life. Unfortunatley I didnt get to see much of Burgen but it looked sweet from the postcards i sent.

Take plenty of NOK (if thats what they still use) as everything was very pricey. About £8 a pint and £10 a box of fags.

Enjoy your trip.
    EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
    Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

Dalecan, hope you have a smooth crossing!!

Just come back from Scandinavian tour in the MC (Denmark, Sweden and Norway) with the return crossing being Bergen - Stavanger - Newcastle. Dave is right, be prepared for a rough crossing with requist sick bag being handy. The crossing was delayed due to bad weather in the North Sea with the Stavanger - Newcastle leg being decidely bumpy. Apparently the outward crossing had been even worst according to a few people I met on the ferry.
      There is an excellent Tourist Information Office just up from the fish market 10mins from the ferry terminal with loads of info on local attractions. We just did a bit of shopping (expensive, now wonder Norwegians come to Newcastle to shop!!) and got in the queue for the ferry when we eventually confirmed its location. Saw loads of classic rally cars at the quayside returning to UK from the Classic Marathon Rally, amazingly only two none runners on tow from about 30/40 cars.
      Food and booze as Dave already mentioned is expensive and NOK is the currency still, rate is 11ish to 1£. Take cash don't bother with Travellers Cheques.
      I'll do a bit of a write up and add some pics when I got a bit more time.

Good luck
      Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
      2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
      1986 M635
      1985 E28 M5
      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
      X