Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am now most definitely a KWV3 Convert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am now most definitely a KWV3 Convert!

Chaps,

I fitted some KW V3's about 1 month ago and was not overly amazed by the results.
    I also fitted a front H&R ARB but couldnt do the rear as I couldn't remove the back boxes with the tools I had.

The main reason why the car didnt feel 100% was due to the settings. The ride was too hard, the car was bouncing around. I played around with the settings but it still didn't feel great.

So, get it set up properly you say, well thats right.

Suspension experts were not the answer as they would not have had as much experience with the kit on the car.

So I made the trip up to Johns (Exdos) as he has lots of experience of the kit.

We spent a good few hours playing with the kit and the car is now spot on!

Really appreciate Johns help- the transformation is out of this world.

The turn in has greatly improved and the car takes deviations brilliantly.

Great mod for any Coupe!

Hope you paid him ;)

Comment

Sounds like it's a worthwhile change! I bet it's very different since you've gone from a completely standard M Coupe to adjustable suspension and uprated roll bars!! (I assume you've now fitted the rear bar!)

Comment

pleased you like it mate

ive got the same set up on mine although never had it standard so cant compare all i can say now its like a bloody go cart corners flat and mega stable
        [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

How much did the whole set up cost you guys? Just for reference so I know how much I'll need to save when coming to do it?
          Current Rides: Estoril '99 S50 Z3 M Coupe, Black '11 Range Rover Sport HSE, Guards Red '91 Porsche 964 Cabriolet
          Former Rides: Carbon Black/Kiwi '02 E46 M3 Convertible, Sprint Blue/Black '04 RS4 Convertible, Sterling Grey/Black '04 Alpina Roadster S (No. 67), Hyper Blue/Black '04 Mini Cooper S Convertible, Chilli Red/Black '04 Works Mini Cooper S

Comment

Ok, bottom line is from being in Lee's old M Coupe and hearing this... I WANT THEM and i will have them lol!

Important question though... Can i fit them with my 19's???

Current - BMW M6
            Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
            Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

Chris,

I don't think there should be a problem.

Are you worried front a strut clearance perspective or clearance in the arches?

You need a 10mil spacer as a matter of course on the fronts with standard wheels. How much clearance do you have currently?

Also, you have a lowering kit on there at the moment, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by toftdan View Post
                How much did the whole set up cost you guys? Just for reference so I know how much I'll need to save when coming to do it?

Call up Imran an Evolution Sport!

Comment

Rags,

Yes its the front that worries me mostly, due to the spacer needed. I think if i ran the KW's i would have more camber at the front anyway, so might not be a problem.

I currently have ACS suspension and have no problems with rubbing at all except for the black plastic arch liners at the front get a bit shagged, but most people get this problem with 18's aswell!

Does anyone on here have the KW's with 19's?

Current - BMW M6
                  Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
                  Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

Anyone heard of AST Suspension? Well watch this space for an alternative to the KW setup...

Comment

Working...
                    X