Tilt roof rubber seal RUST WARNING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt roof rubber seal RUST WARNING

Thought it might be worth a mention, had a good couple of days on the S54,inside leather treated out side clean and polish etc.Today with the tilt roof up gave the roof rubber an inspection found quite a bit of rust starting,lifted the seal lip from the roof with a small artist brush and then cleaned the surface rust away and then brushed rust kill in, any one else aware of this?

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
    Thought it might be worth a mention, had a good couple of days on the S54,inside leather treated out side clean and polish etc.Today with the tilt roof up gave the roof rubber an inspection found quite a bit of rust starting,lifted the seal lip from the roof with a small artist brush and then cleaned the surface rust away and then brushed rust kill in, any one else aware of this?
    i havent heard about or seen this yet (before) but it doesnt surprise me, the bottoms of the arches do rust a bit on MC's, and the sunroof area is somewhere i imagine rarely gets any treatment from most owners as doesnt really open enough for anyone to think "lets take a pop in there and have a nose around"

now that youve mentioned it, i think (hope) more owners will check and treat theirs, giving it a little more attention than before, it will do the cars some good for the future!!!

Click here to email me

Comment

I clean out the sunroof gutter/lubricate mechanism/rubbers once a year. Haven't noticed any problems.
      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Working...
      X