No announcement yet.

Cross brace removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let us know how you get on; sometimes an engine moves most on startup and shut-down so have to report back if you notice a damped knock when you start up.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
      Let us know how you get on; sometimes an engine moves most on startup and shut-down so have to report back if you notice a damped knock when you start up.
      Will do, one other thing if anyone buys a new brace is they don't come with the plastic inserts which the plastic under shield attaches to so these need to be bought and fitted, I will post up the part number and details when they arrive which should be tomorrow.

Comment

part number for plastic nut insert is 51718242741 2x needed

Comment

Dave, did you buy a new brace just for the buffer?

I bought the buffer years ago, but sadly enough even my 98 M3's brace, does not have the bracket.

I also wonder how much the engine actually moves. And if it does, wonder if putting that stress through the brace is any good.

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post
            Dave, did you buy a new brace just for the buffer?

I bought the buffer years ago, but sadly enough even my 98 M3's brace, does not have the bracket.

I also wonder how much the engine actually moves. And if it does, wonder if putting that stress through the brace is any good.
            No I wanted to get my brace refurbished but then saw a brand new one on ebay for a reasonable price so bought that which happened to have the bracket and buffer pad attached,

I will try and take a picture later today showing the bracket and how close it sits to the sump

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X