Silverstone Classic 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverstone Classic 2018

I will need to apply for a display area next month for the Silverstone Classic 2018 (provisional date of 20-22 July) can I ask for your feedback regarding whether we apply as a forum again. 2018 will be the 20th anniversary of the M Coupe so we may be able to have a parade lap subject to acceptance.
    Last edited by Dave P; 06-08-2017, 11:14 AM.

I think we should Dave
    1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Totally agree, go for it. If 4 Gaz cars can get parade laps x2, we should hopefully get a least one!!
      I think the separate plot with just the breadvans on their own is the way to go.
      Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
      2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
      1986 M635
      1985 E28 M5
      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Agreed. Let's make next year a big one!

I'll post some more events to get involved in

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Agreed. Our own area if poss. I can make that weekend at the mo - let's hope they don't slip it a week

Comment

Yep I'm up for this - thanks for all the efforts Dave.
            S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

I don't plan anywhere near that far ahead, however, id definitely be interested (as I haven't been for 2 years now)!

Our own area certainly sounds like a good idea
              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Yup.i will gladly come along.It would be great if this could be a BIG Forum effort with most if not all coming along. it would be great if we could organise some Forum stuff ie bring and buy,our own refreshments,including Food,is it possible to have a BBQ ? the idea of Gazebo is good providing its transportable,Raffle..etc it will all take a bit of an effort but happy to assist where possible..and i am sure others would follow.

Comment

Of course, we don't want too many turning up - people might think these are common...

There were more XJ220's than MC's this year :-)

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                    Yup.i will gladly come along.It would be great if this could be a BIG Forum effort with most if not all coming along. it would be great if we could organise some Forum stuff ie bring and buy,our own refreshments,including Food,is it possible to have a BBQ ? the idea of Gazebo is good providing its transportable,Raffle..etc it will all take a bit of an effort but happy to assist where possible..and i am sure others would follow.
                    Pretty sure no BBQ's but raffle might work

Comment

No drones either!!!!
                      Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                      1985 E28 M5
                      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I saw at least one drone in the BMW area taking shots so you could do it on the sly I imagine.

Comment

It wasn't up for long, maybe a few minutes, before a Silverstone official told him to him to pack away pretty sharpish when it was spotted.
                          As soon as DaveP & I both saw it we expressed some concern. With it being flown so close to the track and with all those expensive cars on display you could understand why
                          DaveP said he thought there was something on ticket or in program which mentioned "No drones".
                          Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                          1985 E28 M5
                          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I am up for this.....would like to bring the kids....is it an ok event for 2.5 year old, 4 and 6 ?

Comment

I've took my son (5/6yrs) for the past few years and he's liked it because there's a funfair and rides to go on! I've brought his bike though as it's quite a big place to be walking around all day, so a scooter etc helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X