Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chippy
    Originally posted by Lee
    Mine is booked in for wednesday, I brought it forward as I was excited at Tonys results

Lee
    Best i book off some time next weekend for a bit of back to back testing :wink: :twisted:
    sounds like a good idea :idea:

I reckon you must know an ideal place Tony :!: shooosh :twisted:

lots of testing!
    Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
    New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Lee

I reckon you must know an ideal place Tony :!: shooosh :twisted:

lots of testing!

:wink:
      Black S50

Comment

3.64 diff is from which model? Will the M3s 3.62 diff fit?

Comment

Originally posted by khooni
          3.64 diff is from which model? Will the M3s 3.62 diff fit?

Khooni my 3.64 diff gets fitted tomorrow when my car gets serviced

the diff is from a e30 325 sport which had a limited run with LSD

I drove Tony's car (chippy) at the weekend and I can honestly say that I wish I had changed my diff ages ago!
          New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

what was the cost for the 2 diffs? and where did you get them from?

Thanks

Luke

Comment

well lee hows the diff?
              BBS LMs, KWv3, H&R ARBs, Wiechers half cage, Wiechers front strut brace, Gruppe M

Comment

Originally posted by brady
                well lee hows the diff?
                Brady

Lee has been a bit manic with work so car didn't go in for the work yesterday. He's hoping to get it dropped off today and picked up tonight or friday.........watch this space :wink:
                Black S50

Comment

cheers
                  BBS LMs, KWv3, H&R ARBs, Wiechers half cage, Wiechers front strut brace, Gruppe M

Comment

Originally posted by chippy
                    Originally posted by brady
                    well lee hows the diff?
                    Brady

Lee has been a bit manic with work so car didn't go in for the work yesterday. He's hoping to get it dropped off today and picked up tonight or friday.........watch this space :wink:
                    Cheers Tony

will defo have the car back on saturday latest

Im having the VANOS filters changed whilst shes in so not sure if it will be ready tomorrow

also am off out tonight with customer for a heavy night out in London so wont be fit for much tomorrow :?
                    New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Lee

also am off out tonight with customer for a heavy night out in London so wont be fit for much tomorrow :?
                      Lightweight :roll: .........you'd best get some practice in for Le Mans :shock:
                      Black S50

Comment

DO IT DO IT DO IT :!:

excellent!

its harder to get the traction down in 1st but the acceleration is far more extreme

Violent comes to mind!

accelerating in 2nd from about 40mph/4000rvs is neck snapping

power is much more available from lower down the revs, no wait at all just force!!

in 5th at 70mph I am doing 3500rvs so about 500 more

dropping a gear to 4th is just not necessary any more, hit the throttle and watch the needles climb

its a rev hungry monster!!

this is how it should have been as standard!
                        New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Lee

excellent!

its harder to get the traction down in 1st but the acceleration is far more extreme

Violent comes to mind!

power is much more available from lower down the revs, no wait at all just force!!

dropping a gear to 4th is just not necessary any more, hit the throttle and watch the needles climb

sounds the business lee, what was the grand total?
                          Gruppe M
                          EBC redstuff Pads
                          EBC drilled and grooved discs
                          Braided brake lines
                          Gun-metal alloys
                          Strong Strutt
                          KW Variant 3

Comment

Originally posted by Lee

excellent!

Violent comes to mind!

Yep but only if it had a 6th cog to drop the revs on a long cruise. 3500rpm at 70mph is too high IMO for this kind of car, it was even commented in road tests that the standard 5th was a little undergeared to start with compared to the high speed cruising potential of a 6 speed M3.

But I bet if you don't do much long motorway journies then this modification is excellent, I know from experience with my 205GTI just how much difference lowering the final drive makes, it makes the car feel lighter, and the engine more powerful and torquey.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w
                              Originally posted by Lee

excellent!

Violent comes to mind!

Yep but only if it had a 6th cog to drop the revs on a long cruise. 3500rpm at 70mph is too high IMO for this kind of car, it was even commented that the standard 5th was a little undergeared to start with compared to the high speed cruising potential of a 6 speed M3.

But I bet if you don't do much long motorway journies then this modification is excellent, I know from experience with my 205GTI just how much difference lowering the final drive makes, it makes the car feel lighter, and the engine more powerful and torquey.
                              i get your point but I am not sure if it is just me but I like to drive fast everywhere with bags of power on tap(where conditions permit)

I have tested the car on a long drive and I really can not notice the difference apart from having much more power immediately available.

if i didnt expect the car to rev higher I would not have noticed it!

I think the only real difference for me will be the dip in fuel economy but if you want a economic car you do not buy an MC
                              New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Lee,

Sounds like a very cool mod. We'll all have to follow you on the Welsh Weekend meet otherwise, we'll all be holding you up :wink: :twisted:
                                /// Exdos ///
                                "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Working...
                                X