Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those of you with uprated anti roll bars (eg H&R etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those of you with uprated anti roll bars (eg H&R etc)

Thinking more seriously of getting some now but just wanted to know of any opinions. I'm sure people other than Exdos have these fitted but can only really find comments from Exdos about his experiences with them but would be nice to have some from others.

What are your opinions, benefits, any trade-offs?

c_w,

Is my word not good enough for you :wink:

I've already twice invited you to come and see these things in action: what more can anyone do to help you decide :?:

What trade-offs are you expecting?
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Only you must have them then I can't make the June meet otherwise would have been good to meet up.

Trade offs; not sure - thats why I asked :P , there might be a slight trade off in ride comfort maybe? as you're limiting the indepedence of the suspension movement etc

Comment

Mine are going on this week, I will report on my findings, but I have no doubt that my thoughts will echo those of exdos, as the only real difference in our cars are the wheel size, mine are 19".

Steve.
        2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

c_w

Fitted my H&R ARb's a few months ago now and can say, hand on heart, that it is one of the best things i have done to the coupe so far 8)

Turn in has certainly sharpened up, with the car feeling tighter and more together. The ride comfort is very, very slightly stiffer but you would be hard pressed to notice a difference.

Without doubt, one of the first things i'd reccomend someone do to their m-coupe :wink:
          Black S50

Comment

Folks

Fitted mine about 3 weeks ago.

I have to admit that it is a simply stupendous value for money upgrade. I have already fitted ACS sports suspension and was delighted with that. I also have 18"" rims with 265/35 rears and 225/40 fromts

For £250-300 the ARBs represent great value. I cannot sense any additional harshness in the ride. Turn in is measurably sharper, body roll is minimal. High speed body control is miles better.

Have a look through Lees posts on this subject.

I dont think that anyone who has fitted these has even slightly regretted it

Roger
            GT3 Cobalt Blue. PCCB. Roll Cage. Buckets.

Ex M Coupe.

Now Gone

Comment

what posts!

Comment

I will be fitting mine on the weekend, if its not p'ing with rain I will attempt to do a install guide with pics.

Comment

I was trying to find my original post on this but cant :?
                  this is the best handling mod IMO

transforms the way the car corners

get it done! you will not look back!
                  Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
                  New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

R80Ter - if you can do a pictorial guide that would be great as this is something im interested in. High speed stability is a must !!
                    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks
                      R80Ter - if you can do a pictorial guide that would be great as this is something im interested in. High speed stability is a must !!
                      Have just found out i can not get on my mates ramps till next weekend, so I am paying the local tyre and exhaust place to do it. Too excited to wait 2 weeks!!

Comment

The front looks quite simple as its bolted right on the front of the subframe and just connects to the droplinks off the damper but the rear looks a bit tighter.

Comment

The rear is easy just take the exhaust's off it's only a ten
                          minute job to fit the roll bar

Gaz

Comment

Just to update this thread, have fitted the front ARB, along with new front top mounts, and have switched the mounts over, L>R & R>L, as per exdos thread, i also lowered the front by about 10mm, now running 640mm all round, with 19" rims it looks the dogs.
                            The rear ARB is being fitted later today, haven't got facility at present to get the car off the ground enough, and safely.
                            Took out for a quick test drive, don't know wether it's a combination of both or just either or, but WOW!! turn in is awsome, goes round corners like it's on rails, it's like you have to learn to drive again, and don't forget, I have the KW suspension, so there is room for improvement by the different settings available.
                            Will get the rear one on and report further.

Steve.
                            2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

Originally posted by steve1
                              Took out for a quick test drive, don't know wether it's a combination of both or just either or, but WOW!! turn in is awsome, goes round corners like it's on rails, it's like you have to learn to drive again, and don't forget, I have the KW suspension, so there is room for improvement by the different settings available.

Steve.
                              It takes the handling from being a performance car into that of a competition car doesn't it? When you've got your KW V3 finally set up to your handling taste you'll never stop grinning when you drive it 8) :P :twisted:
                              /// Exdos ///
                              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Working...
                              X