No announcement yet.

MC in the Snow !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see an S54 being much better apart from a bit of extra stability when on the move. All the new BMWs which will have even better DSC systems (and suspension/weight over rear) are struggling in this weather and just sat there with spinning wheels or stuck on the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
      I can't see an S54 being much better apart from a bit of extra stability when on the move. All the new BMWs which will have even better DSC systems (and suspension/weight over rear) are struggling in this weather and just sat there with spinning wheels or stuck on the drive.
      True, but it's gotta be better than none at all...

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

I don't take my ZMC out of the garage in this sort of weather, instead I stick to using my daily drive E46 which is rubbish in the icy conditions anyway!
        Ex-1999 Z3 M Coupe S50
        Cosmos black / two tone Black & Kyalami interior
        Tilt sunroof/heated seats/chrome M gear shift/ Harman-Kardon Hi-Fi pack
        Engine strut brace/ventilated discs/cruise

weeeeeeeeee!!

Plus the 'daily driver': (Which is a secret because it's far too embarrassing!)

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
          I don't take my ZMC out of the garage in this sort of weather, instead I stick to using my daily drive E46 which is rubbish in the icy conditions anyway!
          Same as you Barry, MC been warm and cozy in the garage last couple of weeks.

GF got a focus 2.0TDCi and it's proper useless, had to rescue it the other night from where she abandoned it.

My big heavy workhorse, 2002 C5 Estate has been great, no probs at all!!

Comment

few piccys, have a few vids too of having some childish fun :) will upload them tomorrows :)

and yes i want to lower it !!! lol
            ///Made for sideways action

Comment

Look forward to seeing your vids Paul!
              Ex-1999 Z3 M Coupe S50
              Cosmos black / two tone Black & Kyalami interior
              Tilt sunroof/heated seats/chrome M gear shift/ Harman-Kardon Hi-Fi pack
              Engine strut brace/ventilated discs/cruise

weeeeeeeeee!!

Plus the 'daily driver': (Which is a secret because it's far too embarrassing!)

Comment

Love that last picture mate - stunning atmosphere. I can almost feel the steam as I exhale...

Very nice.

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by -Keith- View Post
                  True, but it's gotta be better than none at all...
                  Its not actually, you have to turn it off in the snow otherwise it wont let you set off. It doesn't help much once moving either with the grip levels deep snow offers !
                  Ex 2001 S54
                  New cars:
                  Lotus Carlton
                  350Z

Comment

After last years snow it took an hour just to get the MC out of the work car park, so from now on I won't use it in snow/ice. Like a few have mentioned, my work 320d is almost as useless - traction control doesn't even register. I think 255-section Michelin run flats and RWD are a terrible combination for the conditions. Just glad the Panda 100hp still cuts through, although the Eagle F1s on that mean most cheapo cars get better grip.

Comment

Regret to say it, but front wheel drive seems better than rear wheel drive in the snow/ice.
                      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Working...
                      X