Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank Range

Afternoon All,

Im sure this will have been asked before.
    What sort of range are you guys getting out of the Coupes Tank. First tank was 260 and this one is looking like 230 ish. Is this normal.

Cant remember how much i use to get out of the old one as it was over a year ago.

Just trying to work out how much its going to cost for the trip to le Mans doing 70-80mph with the occasional toll booth race
    Previous: Silver s50 Mc
    Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
    -------------------------------------------
    Current: Estoril S50 Mc

260 is good going, 230 is still good. 200 miles is more normal for me unless I do a long journey. I think the most I've had is around 275 miles from mine.

Paul

Comment

Spot on Paul on the range.

I would budget on 25 mpg but at that speed, if you control your right foot you should return 27.

I did 3000 mile through Europe a couple of summers ago and averaged over 27 from memory including high speed runs through Germany.

I tend to be pleasantly surprised on the thirst of the MC, much better than my wife's 330i Sport Touring which loves a drink.
      S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

basically 120 -150 miles if you are driving quickly. 180-220 miles for commuting /mixed driving and 270 miles if all motorway at reasonable cruising speed.
        Ex 2001 S54
        New cars:
        Lotus Carlton
        350Z

Comment

Yea I would concur with all the above, you can get around 35mpg steady driving on the motorway but it's hard to do!!! normally high 27ish is the norm for motorway runs. Can't remember the last time I ever filled the tank on mine with it being near £1.50 a litre!!

Comment

Cheers Chaps, good to no its running as it should be :-P

My old one seams to be drinking a little more at the mo, according to its new owner.
            Previous: Silver s50 Mc
            Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
            -------------------------------------------
            Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
              Yea I would concur with all the above, you can get around 35mpg steady driving on the motorway but it's hard to do!!! normally high 27ish is the norm for motorway runs. Can't remember the last time I ever filled the tank on mine with it being near £1.50 a litre!!
              Tell me about it, it just cost me £100.11 to fill the LC up. I got 200 miles out of that tank too
              Ex 2001 S54
              New cars:
              Lotus Carlton
              350Z

Comment

Best ive had is 270 a tank (boring motorway and slow!) average is about 228...i find tescos exellium very good otherwise vpower.

Comment

Originally posted by Adz S View Post
                  Cheers Chaps, good to no its running as it should be :-P

My old one seams to be drinking a little more at the mo, according to its new owner.
                  Its doing alot better now, getting 28 mpg out of it these days

Comment

Working...
                  X