Sad Day...Z3MC written off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Day...Z3MC written off

Well....It looks like my beloved black s50 is probably going to be written off after it hit the central reservation after going through a patch of diesel :-(

It looked like it was mostly cosmetic damage at first but now it's up on the ramp it's been found to have a broken rear diff , broken steering rack and a lot of damage to the front and rear suspension & who knows what else.

Any suggestions as to whether it's worth my buying back the wreck as salvage and selling it in parts?

The interior is in excellent condition as is the engine (61,000 miles)/ gearbox and most of the parts under the bonnet. Not many panels left unmarked though!

Open to thoughts (and offers!)

Sorry to hear that :-(

Sounds like you got out uninjured which is the main thing.

Probably worth getting a price from the insurance co. to buy it back.

If it is less than 3k almost definitely worth it?

Any upgraded parts on it (Vulture mode...... :-) )

Comment

Originally posted by M1ke View Post
      Sorry to hear that :-(

Sounds like you got out uninjured which is the main thing.

Probably worth getting a price from the insurance co. to buy it back.

If it is less than 3k almost definitely worth it?

Any upgraded parts on it (Vulture mode...... :-) )
      Totally agree the main thing is your ok.

People get burnt trying to buy back their written cars not realizing the extent.

£3k or less is a good figure. you will get 60-70% of that back with engine alone.

Comment

They do break quite well so if you've got the time, inclination and space I'd say it's worth buying back and breaking for parts providing the buy back fee is sensible, which they usually are.

Comment

Thanks for the input and advice guys...Actually it was my girlfriend who wrote it off ! Ouch ! At least she's ok (& we're still talking!)

Still waiting to hear from the garage with a detailed estimate which will determine what happens next but it looks increasingly likely it will be a financial write off.

Do Z3MCs ever end up on the track? Just a thought as to whether its worth advertising the wreck (if I buy it back at the right price)?

Comment

Hi M1ke,

Sorry no upgraded parts on this one...it was 100% original!

Comment

Sorry mate, in the end it's a car and not someone's life. My last one was written off when someone as someone hit us.
              If our dogs would have been in our golf they would be dead.

Comment

Working...
              X