changing faded badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing faded badges

I need to replace my side m badges which have faded (again) can i use the later s54 badges on a 99 s50?, I believe the later badges are not libel to fade like the earlier ones, is this true? the later badges are twice the price for the side but similar price for the rear, why? help......
    Last edited by Dave P; 14-02-2015, 09:45 AM.

M Badges

I think the s54 sides have a slight curve, so would stand proud of the surface.?
    safetyfast

Comment

AFAIK the S54 should fit fine (but as zzemmco said they are curved). The red stripe will fade again on new S50 badges UNLESS you laquer them (quick mask and spray clear laquer on the whole of the sticker part).

Comment

i'll give it a go with the laquer, a lot cheaper than the later badges!.

Comment

I ran with the S54 curved badge for a while but have gone back to the S50 badge now - for some reason I prefer it now, plus it's original for my car.

Comment

Good place to get badges...

hi all,
            I've just had a quote for £75 or something like that for replacement side and rear M badges for an S50. That seems completely bonkers......

Any good sources that people have used that are bit more realistically priced? Any specific ebay shops?

Thanks in advance!
            Adgild

Comment

From a BMW dealer? I paid around £8+vat each for the sides and no more than £20 for the rear for mine (S50).

If they have gone up there are some on ebay but I thought they were overpriced (vs what I paid from a dealer).

Comment

Side/vent ones from the steelers..boot one off of ebay!

Comment

Just to let peeps know I bought the rear badges of ebay and there not worth it as the M colour bit is just a sticker placed over the plastic and has started to peel and isnt half as good as the original.so ill be ordering a new 1 from the dealers.
                  Titan Silver 1999 M Coupe

Comment

agree with previouse reply..be carefull when buying from flea bay..but some chaps do sell oem ones at a discount

Comment

old thread but removed my badly positioned rear badge today,

(replaced a few years ago under warranty by BMW)

poured hot water over sticker base to loosen adhesive and then used dental floss to cut away,

left with this which was removed with Meguiars polish

ready for new badge

Comment

went for something different,

Comment

_

Comment

Oh boy, are you going to be in trouble.

INDY!

Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels