Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > Off Topic
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2017, 07:24 AM

Still haven't bought one yet. I'm still swithering between a well kitted jcw cooper s for about 4K or a GP which still comes in around 10. I've even been considering a convertible version and then selling my roadie.

I think if I go for the GP it will start to get pampered and the decision would be tough when going for a fun drive. GP or coupe? The GP option would fail when I don't want to leave it sitting on the drive in winter andnot used as a basic run around.

So if any knows of a good jcw for less than 5, let me know. (Or a cracking deal GP!)
Old 12-08-2017, 01:43 PM

Don't do the convertible version! My wife had a Cooper Convertible with a sports pack and it rattled and shook like there was no tomorrow!! Still handled well though....!!

I've been looking at a cheap JCW as well, get rid of my 4Mo Golf...
Old 15-08-2017, 10:00 AM

Took the plunge and went for a really good looking 2003 Cooper S that had been fully upgraded to JCW spec early in its life. Only done 64K miles and it makes all my other cars look scruffy. It is in superb condition.

Drove it back last night in absolute "biblical" rain conditions and it reinforced why I wanted one of these for a runabout.

I think these have bottomed out on their depreciation curve and can only go one way. I did resist the convertible due to at least 2 adverts warning about the "harder" ride. If people are even putting that in an ad they must be awful.

Of course I now have to sell a car.
Can't be the Coupe.
Can't be the MR2 MK1.
Can't be the Passat workhorse.

So it has to be the Roadie. Probably hang on to it to sell in the spring, but if you know of anyone who wants a Cosmos Black with 90K miles I may have my arm twisted to sell.
Old 15-08-2017, 02:44 PM

Nice one, congrats on the new toy.

I've got a new (well, 300 miles on the clock) wonderfully spec'd JCW on loan this week while our Cooper S is back at the dealers for a bit of work that they couldn't sort before we took delivery.

This JCW would have me in too much trouble, so I'm actually quite pleased that we only went for the Cooper S

Have fun

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace