PistonHeads Sunday Service 16/12/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chippy View Post
    Supercharged M5 with V8RY M was mine. Only saw one mc, the blue one in the paddock area, looked a very clean example!
    Any links to some more info Chippy?
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Yep that was mine in the paddock.

I saw your M5. I thought I had seen some Pics of an M Coupe with that plate hence the mention. Was not sure if you sold the plate.

That is some replacement. I noticed the Brakes & Larger wheels also. What kind of power is that pushing out.

What drew my attention to it was the bonnet being up.
      After 14 years of dreaming M Coupe bought 23/8/12.. then sold it 13 months later. Boo. Now replaced with 2005 Sti.

Comment

Lol, bonnet was up as I wanted to check things after a hard drive down, only fitted intercooler last week after initially running in basic stage 1 form for development purposes. It still has the 'cobbled together' OEM exhaust, so not great and leaking, but made 590bhp at only 7psi. Have Evolve headers, race cats and back boxes to go on in the next week or so should be around the 630bhp mark!

Still miss the coupe, but it is quite good fun upsetting new RS6's, Porsche turbo owners etc in an 'old' m5 he he!!

There is a write up, and review, of the Evolve supercharger kit I've been helping develop on m5board.com
        Black S50

Comment

Wow thats a huge increase over the 400bhp factory.

The torque must be incredible.
          After 14 years of dreaming M Coupe bought 23/8/12.. then sold it 13 months later. Boo. Now replaced with 2005 Sti.

Comment

What a surprise. Picks up BMW Car this week and there is a review on the Evolve M5 Supercharger in both states of tune.

Surprised still at the big power but relatively low torque boost. I thought superchargers were all about the torque.

Never mind mad power. I suppose the modest torque increase & the pushing up the rev range gives you half a chance against wheel spin under normal driving.

A chap at work has an old E55 (supercharged one) & he lights the wheels up on that all the time & he must be 100bhp down on the M5 Supercharged.

I hate being a petrol head had already considered an e39 M5 in a moment of madness. The Supercharged one just has me drooling.....

Comment

Exactly, this kit has been tested and developed to retain as near as possible the n/a characteristics of the OEM V8. Throttle response and drivability were key targets! Whilst higher figures for both bhp and torque were achieved with different testing set ups, the current stage 1 & 2 pulley size/tune deliver the best mix of improved power/torque increase without sacrificing too much traction. 500+ ftlb torque was tried but traction was an problem.

I will get the dyno plots put up so you can see how the shape of the s/c graphs roughly mimic the OEM one but with more everywhere!!!

S/charged AMG's are notorious for lack of traction when you want to drive hard and fast!
              Last edited by chippy; 28-12-2012, 05:49 PM.
              Black S50

Comment

Working...
              X