X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside Temp Sensor

Outside temp sensor on ebay,

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-Z3M-Tempe...item4d0d61e28b

A very good spot Dave,but that does look a bit ropey!

Comment

Bit of black paint and it would be fine - big saving on new price

http://www.cooper-bmw-parts.co.uk/in...com_virtuemart

Comment

Dont we know EMEK ???

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
          Dont we know EMEK ???
          He's a forum member

Comment

There's a guy making a Z3MR drift car on Zroadster.net, I was gonna buy his of him for £25 but then mine started working again... J_K his name was.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
              There's a guy making a Z3MR drift car on Zroadster.net, I was gonna buy his of him for £25 but then mine started working again... J_K his name was.
              I'm looking for this part!! But it seems to me that it's quite expensive as it seems to be defective.

What do you think? Does this iron part is esential for a proper working of the sensor, or maybe it's just a holder??

Mad Max, I'm not a member of the zroadster.net, I would appreciate a lot if you could get in touch with J_K as I would buy him his sensor.
              Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

Comment

Lots of times the support rots away,i have seen the sender unit pushed into a piece of polystyrene and fitted that way.

Comment

That would be me on my first M
                  VIDEO or Journal

Comment

From what I have seen the bracket gets so rusty the sensor becomes impossible to remove. I just painted my bracket and replaced the fixings

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                      From what I have seen the bracket gets so rusty the sensor becomes impossible to remove. I just painted my bracket and replaced the fixings

So Dave, perhaps it's not a good idea to buy the one at ebay, isn't it?

Where is located the sensor? Is it under the rear bumper, on the gas tank side?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by jashan View Post
                        So Dave, perhaps it's not a good idea to buy the one at ebay, isn't it?

Where is located the sensor? Is it under the rear bumper, on the gas tank side?

Regards
                        Not sure regarding the ebay one, best way to describe it location is below the petrol filler on the rear wing. (the picture is looking into the right hand side of the right side rear wheel arch!)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                          Not sure regarding the ebay one, best way to describe it location is below the petrol filler on the rear wing. (the picture is looking into the right hand side of the right side rear wheel arch!)
                          Thanks a lot Dave.

Not sure of what to do then with the sensor at ebay. Perhaps I should wait for other part, or search for a salvage, but it will have to be a Z3M as I think that sensors for any other Z3 are not valid for our cars

Regards

Comment

Dave,does the bracket just unbolt?is a separate part? i was under the impression that the bracket part was part of the bodywork..

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                              Dave,does the bracket just unbolt?is a separate part? i was under the impression that the bracket part was part of the bodywork..
                              It just bolts on with a body nut and bolt,

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...35&hg=51&fg=80

part #7

Comment

Working...
                              X