Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merc W124 e320 cab cool or Jimmy Saville???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merc W124 e320 cab cool or Jimmy Saville???

im very close to buying one of these for my mrs (not that generous less depreciation than her getting a 1 series cab like her twin sis )
    i think they are old enough now to be cool and not trying too hard. Also built like tanks and the prices seem to be going the right way.
    what are your opinions good and bad?
    should I buy one, would you?
    cheers
    Jamie
    99 Z3M COUPE, 05 530d M SPORT, 95 E36 328I COUPE TRACK HOUND (about to be sold) 91 78k MILES FBMWSH E30 318is RIGHTNESS:(now sold but never forgotten ) AND ONLY NONE BMW 68 MORRIS MINI COOPER S

No blue rinse yet but certainly nothing fun about 1 series cab except maybe 135 at a push. I certainly wouldn't drive a 1 series cab defo a girls car (though I suppose it is meant to be for her lol) and I'm not getting her a 135 to bounce up and down every kurb she sees the 19s on the 5 she has destroyed
    99 Z3M COUPE, 05 530d M SPORT, 95 E36 328I COUPE TRACK HOUND (about to be sold) 91 78k MILES FBMWSH E30 318is RIGHTNESS:(now sold but never forgotten ) AND ONLY NONE BMW 68 MORRIS MINI COOPER S

Comment

dont do it there fuggin awefull
      what about an e 46 convertable
      or an slk
      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Everyone seems to be saying the same thing the mrs especially :-(. Worth a try I suppose. I have had two e46 cabs a new ACS 330i and an 18 month old M3 and I hated them both the build qualiy was crap to say the least. Newer mercedes quality is even worse from what I have heard and the slk is too small.
        I don't know I just fancied something that the depreciation was non existsnt on. Hmmm I wonder if she fancies an e30 325i sport cab (prob not but I do )

Comment

I like these old Germanic buses, not had a Merc but like the 124 series, in all versions, deffo cool in my book (I do have two old mk2 Golf's though, so appreciate cars from this era!)

Minimal depreciation, built properly, relatively simple, deffo have a bit of a following.

Not sure if these ones rot, especially behind that plastic cladding they sometimes have?

Also like the E30, and prob much less of a bus to drive.
          -------------------------
          Ex Ex Ex: 1998 M Coupé, Estoril/Estoril+Black. HK+ MD+CD Changer, roof, side bags, lamp wash.
          Ex Ex: 1998 M3 Evo Coupé, Estoril / Blk with all the toys.
          Ex: 2004 Z4 3.0i, Silver / blk with no roof.
          Now: 2003 M3 CSL, Silver Grey, lots of carbon fibre.

Comment

cabriolet

what about an xjs convertable ??
            suspect on the rust front
            but i had a 3.6 hard top and it was ok

classic insurance now

but no back seats

what about an xkr there cheap now
            or a 1990`s clk

what about a nice landrover defender soft top mmmm
            [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

clks are shit FACT! but deffender is super cool but the mrs will never have it she wants me to sell the 5 and get a new diso 4 lol. Xjs are really nice and the XK8 s are ok but a bit small and i imagine they would make the MCs running costs look like small change and thats before you get to the rust lol.

Comment

W124 E class is probably the best made Mercedes ever..........Timeless reliable classic that drives well and should last you forever if properly maintained.

CE is the coolest by far but the T is the most practical.

Over the years I've run W124 / 210 / 202 / 203 / 163 some in diesel and some in AMG format and I reckon the 124 is the best built by a mile........As they say, "They just don't make 'em like that anymore"!

Comment

Working...
                X