Daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily driver

I use my coupe as my company car and travel on average 4000 miles a month.
    having driven through snow, icey conditions and stupid rain. The coupe has been great on all occasions with the exception of the following:

1) Windy conditions - scary at times with cross winds
    2) Heavy rain, windscreen wipers poor performance, Rain X improves this dramatically, visability is much improved.
    3) Boy racers in shite gti's and company cars drivers, cutting you up and challanging you. I never get involved but anoying all the same

In ice and heavy rain you need to watch your right foot and know how to control a slide.

Other than that it is great and I can average 28 mpg driven sensibley
    The car gets loads of attention and it helps with the image. Like a well cut suit the car you drive shoud be reflective of the quality of the person, the coupe is individual,stylish, bohemiemly unpredictable at times and oozes pedigree.

I could drive a diesel corporate barge and no doubt save money but I enjoy life too much and you cannot take it with you.

Ps... currently drink a nice chablis.....
    Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Also have Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Mk IV UK Car

Previously Z3M s50 coupe silver black leather, HIDS, schnitzer pedals, cruise control....2 replacement engines, vanos exploded and engine flooded and written off...

Very well put markolambo, I agree with everything you say , except

Originally posted by markolambo View Post
    3) Boy racers in shite gti's and company cars drivers, cutting you up and challanging you. I never get involved but anoying all the same

LOVE getting involved

Ps... currently drink a nice chablis.....
    What beer's that then?
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Marko, did you mean to write 400 miles a month rather than 4000??!

Comment

4000 miles a month is my average milage, I work down south during the week and see my customers at Hospitals between london, birmongham and the north west. I expect to do 40000 miles this year.

Also Chablis is a bit like becks with less gas.
        Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Previously Z3M s50 coupe silver black leather, HIDS, schnitzer pedals, cruise control....2 replacement engines, vanos exploded and engine flooded and written off...

Comment

4000 miles a month, bloody hell, I do 6000 miles a year .

Agree on the heavy rain wiper performance so might have to check on RainX. I already use MistX to stop the car fogging up in winter.
          99T Estoril Blue, Sunroof, HK Speakers, Cruise
          Read my M Coupe experience @ Auto-Journals.com

Comment

You must fill it up about 15-20 times a month!!!

I think for me I'd want to drive something more relaxing/cruiser like a 330D or something and to it keep the Coupe more special to drive at weekends etc.

Comment

I do fill up a lot but my fuel is paid for hence I do not worry. At the weekend I drive my Toyota Supra Twin Turbo MRK 4 UK car or the wifes NSX.
              My first love is jap cars.

I used to use a 520D as my company car and whilst a good car and comfy I prefer to drive the coupe. It also depreciate less and if ever in 5 years time I decide to sell it will still be worth something.
              Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Comment

It also depreciate less and if ever in 5 years time I decide to sell it will still be worth something.
                Probably not much with 200k+ on the clock

Comment

Dont forget people Roger was doing 50k a year in mine!

I do that easy but thats in the skoda!

Comment

2) Heavy rain, windscreen wipers poor performance, Rain X improves this dramatically, visability is much improved.
                    Worth getting yourself some PIAA silicone wiper blades. I've just posted this separately so as not to hijack your thread. See http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...5875#post45875
                    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

Comment

Working...
                    X