Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another one bites the dust ...

Mine ...

This happened on the friday before Christmas.
    Sideswiped on the motorway on the way home from work, resulted in my car being sent rearwards/sideways into the central reservation, across the carriageway into the armco on the hardshoulder.
    Came to rest on the hardshoulder, at right angles to the carriageway.
    All the panels were bent or scratched, only the roof and glass were intact.

It was wrtten off a week later, and then had a great Christmas break and fun & games with the ins. co.
    In the end they paid out a reasonable settlement.

Absolutely gutted.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Trundler; 04-02-2008, 09:40 PM.
    The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
    RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

You were lucky not to have been hurt from the description !

Hope you buy another.

Comment

Few bruises, mild 'lash.
      Nothing to worry about, epsecially considering the force of the frontal impact.

As for new ... I have been desperately looking!!
      The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
      RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

nick, not good dude!

good luck with the search for new one!

Comment

Bad luck, I feel your pain. My last car was written off when a lorry turned into the side of me and pushed me into a lamp-post.

Glad you're okay, good luck finding another MC.

Comment

Ben, no need to worry about that sticky front number plate now ...

Comment

Glad your ok, bet you can't help thinking it could have been so much worse. Must have been really scary.

Must be sickening trashing a car that you love and have looked after for a long time. Since you've got a "reasonable settlement" I'm sure it won't take long to find another well cared for MC.

Good luck, hope you've got another one sat on your drive very soon.

Comment

Nick as the others have said very lucky to walk away unhurt from that one, shame the MC didn't fair so well! Hopefully you will be able to get another one with the payout, plus it might be worth seeking some compo off the twat that sideswiped you for the whiplash etc.

Current - BMW M6
                Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
                Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

Oh no Nick! Can't believe this happened to your MC.

Glad you are ok, thats the main thing but obviously its a shame the car is a gonner. Yours was a really nice example as well, had a good gander around it when it was at Top Gear.

Hope you find another one! There is one for 13.5k on PH with next to no miles!

Rags

Comment

rags thats a cat D

Comment

Sad news Nick - main thing is that you are ok. I'm sure you will find another silver beast.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that... hopefully shouldn't take too long to replace
                        Ex 2001 S54
                        New cars:
                        Lotus Carlton
                        350Z

Comment

Gutted to hear about this sort of thing - glad you're ok Nick.

Comment

Thanks for all the messages guys - still can't believe its dead!!
                            Now get out there and find me a replacement!!!

Comment

Gutted

Aargh dude what a gutter. Did the other car stop?

Like everyone's said, the main thing is that you're OK. So are you looking for a new coupe or d'ya reckon it'll be replaced with a different car?
                              99T Estoril Blue, Sunroof, HK Speakers, Cruise
                              Read my M Coupe experience @ Auto-Journals.com

Comment

Working...
                              X