Black S54 - Dec 01 For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MGR View Post
    I had to drop the price of mine significantly (several £1000) from what I thought it was 'worth' to shift it in a reasonable time period about 8 months ago. I don't believe the market has picked up really since then. They aren't the easiest things to shift even in a good market as there are never going to be that many buyers around.
    I think things have picked up a bit though, and there seems to be loads more people registering on here specifically trying to find one, and curiously plenty wanting to swap from other perhaps higher performance cars like Porsche or T350 etc.

Comment

We're officially out of the recession now apparantly, 0.1% growth for last 3 months or something?! Whooopie!!

It's still the middle of winter...will see what happens come Spring time and warm sunny days...surely a lot more interest in MC's and sports cars in general by then

Comment

I've had two emails via Pistonheads, both guys offering £11k.

I think it's definitely worth more than that. Nevertheless, I'm thinking of dropping the price to £12,950 ono....what do you guys think?

It's going in next week to get a full professional detail with the chap who did this:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=141161

Comment

Typical of my experience with PH adverts.
          Ex 2001 S54
          New cars:
          Lotus Carlton
          350Z

Comment

When you initially posted details of your car I thought that a quick sale would be £12-12.5k and I still think that. Even considering your location. The silver car at £12k just gone was priced to sell and did so. It does depend on now quickly you want to get rid of it - for the last few months S54s have been rare for sale, this week there are three. Maybe drop the price a bit and if no takers hold fire on the sale until the weather gets better or there are fewer cars around? Black w/black is a good scheme.

Comment

Priced now reduced to £12,950!

Comment

Bump it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Wallachie View Post
                  Priced now reduced to £12,950!
                  Crap - if only it had been last week I'd have had that !

First day out in the M3 today, not impressed, very very capable but totally un-engaging and frankly quite boring to drive. Seems the LC was much better/faster than I gave it credit for thank god I didn't sell it.

Don't fancy a swap for an M3 do you !........
                  Ex 2001 S54
                  New cars:
                  Lotus Carlton
                  350Z

Comment

Crap - if only it had been last week I'd have had that !

First day out in the M3 today, not impressed, very very capable but totally un-engaging and frankly quite boring to drive. Seems the LC was much better/faster than I gave it credit for thank god I didn't sell it.
                    That's a shame! Did you get an E46 M3?

Sell it and buy my MC!

Comment

That's a shame! Did you get an E46 M3?

Sell it and buy my MC!
                      Yes, I'd owned it before, bought it off my dad who had bought it off me. I remembered it being a bit more fun but I suppose it was my first exposure to 300 + bhp.

Like I said its very capable but somehow boring at legal road speeds, I think on a track it would be very good fun but normal roads don't seem to pose much challenge for it unless you are going too fast its almost too good.
                      Ex 2001 S54
                      New cars:
                      Lotus Carlton
                      350Z

Comment

Yes, I'd owned it before, bought it off my dad who had bought it off me. I remembered it being a bit more fun but I suppose it was my first exposure to 300 + bhp.

Like I said its very capable but somehow boring at legal road speeds, I think on a track it would be very good fun but normal roads don't seem to pose much challenge for it unless you are going too fast its almost too good.
                        I almost bought am E46 M3 back in 2006, but thankfully I opted for a CSL instead...completely different car to the stock M3...I miss it SO badly!

Memories...

Comment

I almost bought am E46 M3 back in 2006, but thankfully I opted for a CSL instead...completely different car to the stock M3...I miss it SO badly!

Memories...

Very nice,

the last 5-6 times I've been in an E46 M3 it has been in a CSL I think that altered my memories a bit. They are epic cars but out of budget.

I'll be putting the M3 up for sale but the market is slow as you know so could take a few months to shift.....what a pain I'm totally kicking myself.
                          Ex 2001 S54
                          New cars:
                          Lotus Carlton
                          350Z

Comment

Want to swap for an Estoril S50? :) :)

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob View Post
                              Want to swap for an Estoril S50? :) :)
                              Could be tempted........

PM me details... I can have a think about it then !
                              Ex 2001 S54
                              New cars:
                              Lotus Carlton
                              350Z

Comment

Could be tempted........

PM me details... I can have a think about it then !
                                How many miles has the M3 done and what year is it?

I could be tempted, but of course there is no point continuing unless you think you could live with a Dakar MC.

I love the MC but will need more seats soon...

It's a 2000 Facelift, 33k miles.

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Working...
                                X