What seats have you got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What seats have you got?

I know that Pole-positions are a favourite aftermarket favourite although I think these still need trimming to fit? What else are people using, are there any better options? Any pics?

I'm looking for a lighter option than standard (not hard) and with better support. Middle age spread not too severe at the moment so snug is probably ok

Pole Positions for me and yes, you're correct, they do need trimming.

Mine are on alloy Recaro side mounts bolted to Vac Motorsport floor adapters.

There's a big weight saving and a nice secure feel. No complaints comfort-wise either.

I'm not sure that there's a bolt in bucket seat that doesn't need trimming?

Comment

I’d seriously miss the heated seats though....!!

Sorry, back on topic!
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
        I’d seriously miss the heated seats though....!!

Sorry, back on topic!
        I don't use mine in winter when there's salt on the roads so no drama for me.....Come to think of it, for the last couple of years I haven't used it at all!

Comment

I'm using mine daily at the moment and the heated seats would certainly be missed!

But for me its a price worth paying

How much do the Pole Positions need to be trimmed? Not sure i want to cut in to a brand new seat , but they don't come up secondhand often..

Comment

I got mine used from here and they'd already been done so I can't tell you sorry.

There was a thread on here years ago with details and pictures and from memory he peeled back the cover to expose the shell, cut that with a dremel, trimmed the foam back to shape and refitted the cover. The cutting bit was actually quite easy.

You've got to trim them to fit regardless, so whether it's 20mm or 75mm it makes no odds really. I totally get your point about taking a dremel to new Recaros though.

Comment

Cant find the pictures of the seat stripped down but there are some in the forums gallery of coupe fans modified seats,

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X