• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Zedders missed out BIG TIME!! This was an amazing weekend
    Never seen so many coupes in different colours and engine sizes
    2018 meet is in the planning already

Comment

Woops, and I was at the 'Ring on Friday 30th. Hey ho.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruski_11 View Post
        Woops, and I was at the 'Ring on Friday 30th. Hey ho.
        No way you could of joined us Chris did a lap on the ring Friday when we arrived

Comment

Were you doing the DN trackday?

I just did one steady lap on Friday night TF. On the wrong tyres so it felt a bit weird as so used to semi slicks. TF was pretty quiet and quality of cars was very high I thought.

Comment

yes, managed to negotiate time away from the family and booked very very very last minute so the meet event totally slipped my mind. Drove back to London Friday night. Was a shame to miss the event.

And yes, I know what you mean, the TF days after DN events are usually quite good to do. Quiet and only serious locals from what I've experienced.

I was discussing with Paul the difference tyres, and pressures for that matter, make to the coupe. quite incredible how much of a difference really so I hear you.

Comment

Yea, the car is completely different with a set of decent tyres on it - on R888s or Kumho V70a etc the car is really planted, pointy and has great lateral grip. The Ring felt really low grip to me when I did my lap last week on road tyres (I've been over years ago and it felt ok on Goodyear Asymmetric v1, 235/40(f) and 245/40(r). This time I was on Asymmetric 3, but I was only running a 215/40 front tyre (which feel fine on the road).

I must admit I don't take too much notice of pressures! I set R888s/V70a around 28 cold and leave them.

Comment

i think the next set will be 235 on the front as well.

Comment

I run 245/40 R888 on the front (9J rim), that seems to work well. But on a stock front wheel 235/40 road tyre is about your max (not sure if a 235/40 r888 etc would squeeze on as they are wide than road tyres) - and that size is getting quite rare now I think though.

Comment

Working...
                  X