• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I stay or should I go ?

Was in the workshop yesterday and removed the dust cover from the MC

The cars mint but it's a shame she's never turned a wheel in a year
    I've rolled her back and forward to save any flat spots on tyres
    I've spent more on heating the workshop than I have on fuel in years.
    Do I sell or do I keep?
    Feels a waste

If I sell how much ?
    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Aww mate, I can hear this as I read you post...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ZDsUGiGqM

I have similar feelings once in a while, but I can't afford a Bizzarrini and there isn't anything else I want enough to put any effort into.

So the MC has to stay or the cash would end up in the house never to be seen again.
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Open garage door.
      Get into car.
      Start engine and drive.
      Stupid grin will appear after a short time.

Repeat as necessary.
      Keep/ sell question will not arise again.

Comment

I'm feeling similar..... too many cars and the Z3M is the only lowish mileage one (70ish k) and often ends up too far down the pecking order when I'm choosing what to go out in.

I'm thinking this summer may be the time to move on. But continuing 15 years of unbroken ownership really tugs at the heart strings..... what to do, what to do.....

Comment

Keep it fella.....
          If you sell you WILL regret it......
          2000 BMW Z3M COUPE.
          2006 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo.
          07 Volvo V70 D5
          1972 Suzuki Gt750J.
          1972 Suzuki Gt550J.

Some of my old cars.........http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gman69/library/CARS

Comment

Originally posted by MattH3764 View Post
            I'm feeling similar..... too many cars and the Z3M is the only lowish mileage one (70ish k) and often ends up too far down the pecking order when I'm choosing what to go out in.

I'm thinking this summer may be the time to move on. But continuing 15 years of unbroken ownership really tugs at the heart strings..... what to do, what to do.....
            Sod the miles, just use it!

Rage - you know what the answer is! Sell some of the other toys
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Spring's here man.. Take it out a run and you'll get ur answer

Comment

Martin, you know what the unanimous answer to your question will be on here?

KEEP IT and now you have more free time with your new job - USE IT!!!

Get down to Silverstone this year, you know it makes sense
                Last edited by petecossie; 14-03-2016, 10:22 PM. Reason: typo
                Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                1986 M635
                1985 E28 M5
                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                  Get down to Silverstone this year, you know it makes sense
                  Yeah, the track marshalls loved you last time
                  Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                  ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                  Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                    Yeah, the track marshalls loved you last time
                    He was providing entertainment for the masses...donuts are a great starter to the Hanger Straight!!
                    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Its an interesting question.

The value is rising so keep it. Mine wouldnt have been driven much as after 6 years I was bored to be honest.

Golf R isnt exactly as special but its a load cheaper to run doing 10k a year.

Just my 2p

Si

Comment

If you can afford to keep it and have the space then perhaps just view it as a high interest savings account sat under a cover?

I've lost interest in mine too and rarely use it as I have other things I use more.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
                          I've lost interest in mine too and rarely use it as I have other things I use more.
                          Out of interest, why is that? Are they faster/more comfortable/more practical?

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                            Can I answer? Golf is faster, more practical, more comfortable, more modern, has amazing cruise, lights that light up the road so you can see where you are going when on it, cheap to insure, run, service, tyres are 119 each....

It's not special, leased and goes back in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                              I lease an E63 on the company and for road journeys if I'm not in that I'm riding bikes.

Several other hobbies mean there's little time or inclination for track days either so as a result the MC doesn't get used or lavished with love.

I've considered selling it but a V8 MC is a special thing so I can't bring myself to.

Comment

Working...
                              X