X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• New oil separator and hose, 11151401218 11151404980

Comment

• New left side engine mount bracket came without lower bracket which I had to swap over from the old part, part number 11812227537

Last edited by Dave P; 07-11-2015, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• New engine mounts 11812283798 22116779973 32106781639

Last edited by Dave P; 07-11-2015, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• New subframe bolts 31116781023

Last edited by Dave P; 07-11-2015, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• A few more new parts,

Comment

• Another year of ownership now 16 years, collected the Coupe 05/12/99

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                  Another year of ownership now 16 years, collected the Coupe 05/12/99

Congratulations .....the longest I've had a car is 4 years, the coupe will beat that as I've no intension of selling

Comment

• Great stuff here. Thought I had ocd...

16 years? Sweet!

Comment

• Dave, just looking through some of your first few posts for this thread, in particular the pics of the boot floor.

Did you ever have it strengthened or is it still standard?

Comment

• Originally posted by guido View Post
                        Dave, just looking through some of your first few posts for this thread, in particular the pics of the boot floor.

Did you ever have it strengthened or is it still standard?
                        Boot floor is still standard but I did get some extra metal welded to the sides of the diff mount to add some strength
                        Last edited by Dave P; 12-12-2015, 07:30 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Replaced gearbox mounts today,

Comment

• Next job is front wheel bearings, part number 31226757024 OEM part made by "FAG"

Comment

• Hello Dave,

This thread is one of my favorits because it has very good detailed pics taken both from the car and also from various individual parts. Those help big time when planning how to work forward with my own car.

However, one thing that comes into my mind every single time when I browse this thread is that what is your ultimate goal doing all this amazing and attention to the detail work with your car ? I hope that you do not mind me asking this question because I intend it to be a fully positive one :)

In the beginning of this thread you wrote : "I am in the process of replacing rusty parts and cleaning the underneath of my 1999 AC Schnitzer spec. S50"

I think that everybody can now agree that you are already far beyond that goal and going towards something more.

I just hope that you will be still able to use this ultimate driving machine on the road after all this great work.

br, Juha
                              The older I get, the faster I was ...
                              BMW HP2 Sport
                              ex- BMW Z3 M Coupe - Cosmosschwartz Metallic

Comment

• Originally posted by JuhaV View Post
                                Hello Dave,

This thread is one of my favorits because it has very good detailed pics taken both from the car and also from various individual parts. Those help big time when planning how to work forward with my own car.

However, one thing that comes into my mind every single time when I browse this thread is that what is your ultimate goal doing all this amazing and attention to the detail work with your car ? I hope that you do not mind me asking this question because I intend it to be a fully positive one :)

In the beginning of this thread you wrote : "I am in the process of replacing rusty parts and cleaning the underneath of my 1999 AC Schnitzer spec. S50"

I think that everybody can now agree that you are already far beyond that goal and going towards something more.

I just hope that you will be still able to use this ultimate driving machine on the road after all this great work.

br, Juha

I think since the start of the journal I have replaced nearly all the rusty parts on my coupe and if not replaced with new then refurbished with fresh paint etc but after getting lots of comments on the overall condition of the car I decided to enter into some concours events held by

the BMW Car Club UK which has meant a whole new level of cleaning and replacing parts especially in the engine bay.

I am now going through the car and replacing some of the bearings and bushes which are showing their age like the engine mounts and gearbox mounts also the steering system and suspension so more pictures of parts to follow.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X