Southampton black s54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southampton black s54

Having my shell bearings done at brystone Bmw, parked next to gy02 xxx, beautiful, anyone on here?

I have used Brystones for over 10 years, they have looked after my MC well. Are they replacing your oil pump?
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

So far so good, really impressed, picking it up tomorrow. When I called up I spoke to a chap call john, he really knew his stuff, told me all the history with the s54 engine, recalls etc. It's not cheap but I'll sleep better knowing it's done.
      Hopefully all will be good tomorrow

Comment

Worth remembering that the recall was due to faulty oil pumps, not shells. Failing shells were a potential symptom of the oil pump issue.
        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcywhite View Post
          So far so good, really impressed, picking it up tomorrow. When I called up I spoke to a chap call john, he really knew his stuff, told me all the history with the s54 engine, recalls etc. It's not cheap but I'll sleep better knowing it's done.
          Hopefully all will be good tomorrow

There are some pictures of GYO2 somewhere on the forum I think, some old posts regarding the known bearing shell issue on S54 ZM engines worth a read ,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/tags.p...bearing+shells

Comment

Late response

Still the proud owner of GY02 ;-). I lurk infrequently now - life's circumstances changed a little and have made for a busier time of things.

Richard and co at Brystone have been looking after it for me for a few weeks. I get servicing done there too even though I'm in W London now.

The most frustrating bit is the rear view mirror. Caught the bottom of it grabbing my car park pass and the switch snapped off. Have had to wait for parts. Rear suspension has been swapped out with Rogue Engineering top mounts added to the mix. I've had photos of clean bill of health for boot floor taken as everything was coming out anyway. Couple of other little jobs being done as well but itching to get the car back now.
            ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
            now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

Working...
            X