No announcement yet.

Second cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'06 330d Touring. Good fun when it hasn't got a boat in tow or bikes on the roof or whatever, and very comfortable when it has. Only thing I'd swap it for is a 335d

Paul

Comment

(UK) '99 1.4 Polo CL Auto. Drive it around for a week, get back in the MC and it's like hitting warp factor 9

(Austria) '09 Fiesta with an engine, apparently.

Would love a 330d touring as a 2nd car
      Current: 2005 330i Sport
      Sold but never forgotten: 2000 Estoril S50

Comment

Originally posted by Schon View Post
        Would have to be a Defender, always hankered after one!

Go anywhere ability and can be loaded to the gunnels.
        Binned .. I was thrown by the 'would' part also.
        No second car for me...I have my bike instead.

I'd still like one tho!

Comment

Ferrari 348ts, i suppose that makes my MR the daily hack... but I so prefare the BM

Comment

Originally posted by luckycolourblue View Post
            Ferrari 348ts, i suppose that makes my MR the daily hack... but I so prefare the BM
            There's always one! I do love them though. Only Ferrari I think I would own other than the Testarossa.

Anyway, thanks guys - interesting reading. I too would love a 3 series touring - or even a 5. I think they're one of the few cars that look better as an estate. Or maybe I'm just gettin' old!

Comment

Audi A3 Quattro. Small enough for the other half to still drive, but big enough to tow my Caterham (my other second car!!!).

And of course, neither of those reasons was why I originally bought it! I've had it much 5 years (of its 8 year life) and it's got just under 40k miles. And it does a job, although I now get a sore back when I sit in it for hours on end, so maybe it'll go at the end of this year ...

Jez
              1998 Cosmos Black - Not quite standard ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. N View Post
                I too would love a 3 series touring - or even a 5. I think they're one of the few cars that look better as an estate. Or maybe I'm just gettin' old!
                I think the current 3 coupe looks good too, but I really don't like the saloon.

Paul

Comment

My ZMC is my daily drive and I also have a Westfield in the garage that unfortunately doesnt get used too often...
                  2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

hunday atos
                    The best car for destroy inside the rome traffic,arrived also to 100mph of tachimeter hahaha
                    Next will be an panda 100hp when blow the motor
                    www.fastdrive.org
                    S50 black/black-red In Rome
                    Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Originally posted by fastdrive View Post
                      hunday atos
                      LOL!! Wasn't expecting that! I for one am naturally cautious of any car that's taller than it is long.........

Also, I seem to recall from a hire-car experience, stopping with the air-con on full blast leads to immediate cutting out of the engine! All that power in such a small car

All I can say is best of luck with the planned upgrade! Couldn't you just get a rubber ring for the MC like a bumper car??

Comment

Originally posted by benscam View Post
                        Coupe now the second car, other shared between me and girlfriend
                        Supra TT 1993 Pride and Joy
                        Porshe 996tt main car
                        Honda NSX 3.0 in storage
                        ha couldnt stay away ! welcome back
                        [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. N View Post
                          Was thinking that just a few hours ago following one down the M62. Very nice indeed! Looked evil in white
                          nice in the bright green but looks not right in the black

second cars a defender 90 td5--- big intercooler , big turbo 220 bhp
                          its the second one ive had the first lasted 170,000 miles until i gave it to my daughter and its still going strong , great for carrying kit , shooting , off roading and the dog, you can jump in and drive it without thinking wouldnt be without one big thing for me is i can park it any where and not worry about parking dings (my big panick in the coupe)

pinch the missus cooper s hartge as well

oh and the bikes

real fancy for an rs6 but couldnt justify it at the moment i might try and persuade the missus to chop her car in for one
                          [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
                            real fancy for an rs6
                            Don't we all! That's another that looks best as an estate IMO.

Originally posted by benscam View Post
                            Coupe now the second car, other shared between me and girlfriend
                            Supra TT 1993 Pride and Joy
                            Porshe 996tt main car
                            Honda NSX 3.0 in storage
                            LOL - that slipped by me... Very naughty! How you can choose a 'second car' out of that little lot though I don't know!!

Comment

love my mc for it practicality definatley my second car, the supra tt is my third car as it a rare uk car, I bought it new in 993 and it has 42000 miles on the clock and is mint. The honda is an investment and i tke it out once a month it has 18000 miles on the clock

Comment

My daily drive is my VX220 Turbo and the MC get used weekends. Wife has a Honda Civic which has been ultra reliable (put the curse on that now!!)
                                Jim.

2000 S50 Estoril
                                KW V3, Eisenmanns, Simota, G-Power, Wiechers Strut Brace, Whalen SM, HIDs, Angel Eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X