new member oil change/service query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jms5j View Post
    They told me the tamper light is on, it's a small red dot by the milage. They said it could have been clocked, but probably not, maybe someone just tried to fit something into the car, but they said it could affect the resale value of the car. I have checked all the service history and the last 9 years MOT and it does not look like it has been clocked. Any opinions?? The last owner had it for 9 years and owns 3 cars so did very little milage.....
    The Bentley Manual has something to say on this subject. I've photographed the relevant pages for you, as below. It would be interesting to know the actual mileage discrepancy that you find.

/// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Superb info..........

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
        The Bentley Manual has something to say on this subject. I've photographed the relevant pages for you, as below. It would be interesting to know the actual mileage discrepancy that you find.

Thank you so much for that.....we have just tried to do this, but I need a photo of the page where it tells you how to unlock test 15. We can run through the tests but test 15 needs to be unlocked. Could you help???

Comment

O.K. Here ya go.

Just a thought; if there is a suspicion that your newly purchased car might have been clocked, it might be worthwhile taking a video or photos of the display on your car whilst you attempt a reset, or, alternatively, get a BMW dealership to do this for you so you'd have evidence to use.

/// Exdos ///
          "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
            O.K. Here ya go.

Just a thought; if there is a suspicion that your newly purchased car might have been clocked, it might be worthwhile taking a video or photos of the display on your car whilst you attempt a reset, or, alternatively, get a BMW dealership to do this for you so you'd have evidence to use.

Excellent,...... milage showing on dash was 42,000 when I did the check it showed 37,000 , so reset it and now says 42,000 and the tamper light has gone!!!
            Brilliant, sooooooo pleased, thank you

Comment

Excellent! Glad you're now sorted.

Collectively, this forum usually can provide the answer to most MC problems.
              /// Exdos ///

Comment

Great info. Thanks exdos.

Comment

Working...
                X