Now at £19995,

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...gn=ClickstoNew

Comment

This looks cheap compared to others of similar mileage at the moment

Comment

For sale at a dealers £24950

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1042453

Comment

does look nice, the £19950 price would make it worth a look, but at 25K it is a little rich. I guess thats the dealers mark up.

Dealers and individuals are asking crazy money for these cars as an investment but none of them are selling, there was a silver one for sale around three or four months ago from london, 91k mileage with some slight bodywork issues, black wheels, was on ebay, i offered 16k and didnt make reserve. finally went to auction and sold for 17k i think, thats what people are willing to spend, not 30k.

Think if people want to actually sell their cars they have to accept that this is the current market value price, and a ball park for this mileage, if not take out a 12 month advert with pistonheads as you'll need it.

No offence to owners, I love these cars, but I look daily and see the same adverts running for months and months. I think theres an element of frustration in my post but equally an element of reality from a buyers perspective.

Comment

Hi badger, if your interested take a look at my as below (September)
              Phoenix yellow with black interior..
              Car to be driven, not stored..
              Let me know Ur thoughts.. will be putting proper ad up in spring time.. unless I talk myself out of it again..

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by the badger View Post
                does look nice, the £19950 price would make it worth a look, but at 25K it is a little rich. I guess thats the dealers mark up.

Dealers and individuals are asking crazy money for these cars as an investment but none of them are selling, there was a silver one for sale around three or four months ago from london, 91k mileage with some slight bodywork issues, black wheels, was on ebay, i offered 16k and didnt make reserve. finally went to auction and sold for 17k i think, thats what people are willing to spend, not 30k.

Think if people want to actually sell their cars they have to accept that this is the current market value price, and a ball park for this mileage, if not take out a 12 month advert with pistonheads as you'll need it.

No offence to owners, I love these cars, but I look daily and see the same adverts running for months and months. I think theres an element of frustration in my post but equally an element of reality from a buyers perspective.
                We've had this before though, someone looking for a car but not willing to pay for it! And at that time I recall the top end being around £20k, now it's more than twice that for some cars. The car you're talking about still sold at auction for £17k despite needing bodywork and other issues sorting, so is not reflective of an immaculate car, but one a dealer has probably taken a punt on and still sees a margin.

I agree the market dictates the car (as does condition), and if the car needs bodywork and other issues sorting then it can't be commanding the "appreciating" figures that some are asking. Many people asking too much for scabby cars are just trying their luck after seeing the really tidy ones at mega money at dealers, but something needing work, poor colour choice wheels etc is not worth the asking price.

Cars that have been looked after and maintained properly are out there though, where you won't find rusty brake discs, mis-matched tyres, dodgy looking black alloys etc (and leads to under stuff unseen being suspect). This black car looks much cleaner than the one you describe, so the price will reflect that. Although I would be asking myself why it's got orange side repeaters.
                Last edited by c_w; 24-10-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Also, 17k at auction is not 17k to buy. It’s more like 20k.
                  S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

I guess the owner of the vehicle will see roughly the 17k depending on his deal with the auction house. I did speak to the owner and he had a very high regard for the car, had all service history receipts of boot floor reinforcement etc, he did have the wheels treated and they were now black, but his choice of pictures in his advert wasnt great.

Pete, thanks for your message, the car looks nice, but I'm ideally after black, its a personal preference thing, but thanks for the message.

Comment

Hi Pete, sorry I didnt find your for sale advert until just now, if you would like my opinion on the price point and car I feel its a bit of a monster. Its quite heavily modified where its not necessarily going to appeal to the classic car club guys, but sounds like it should be a fantastic car to drive.

So the current engine has covered around 60k? obviously quite low miles but the car shows 188K Think it does look good, but would look better in black, just my preference :) Think its had quite a hard life as an ex race/toy fun car but they are meant to be able to take the abuse, and its been rebuilt, but at that point its only as good as the guys who put it back together again, but am sure that its been done right.

Its an opportunity for someone to buy an s54 with low miles, but think it needs to be cheaper than other s54s as it has been modified and raced, but its probably a lot more sorted than most of the other s54s.

Dont feel you were a million miles off with your 24-25k but think its the sort of car someone might put a v10 or v8 in and build their ultimate car and at that point maybe respray to their preference.

I feel if you put it back to a standard car, original wheels and interior, just so it looks like a normal m coupe, keep the uprated underpinnings, and listed as 188k but with new engine 60k ago, with all the mods and future proofing you should get your 25k. If you dont I feel its probably going to have to go for 20k where its a track toy for someone. If it was black I would be interested for low 20's as it sits.

Its just my opinion but If you have origional interior and wheels, whack them in and feel you should get 25k, there is a blue M coupe that has been rebuilt, bought as a bare shell and a s54 fitted with uprated bearings, Maps etc and resprayed on car and classic for 30k, its been on a while. If you want it gone 20k ish as it is maybe 24k with origional spec interior and wheels.

Just my opinion, thanks and good luck with sale, am sure its a beast :) Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X