Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's S50 I think due to the wheels.

Comment

Think you're right Chris, they're pretty bright.

There must be some official pics in BMW's sales catalogues from around 2001? There's some on ebay at the moment...
      "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

Comment

I think it must be the lower postiion as at least three S54s on here have it there, it just doesn't look right to me though!

Comment

I have now instructed the bodyshop so hope the lower position is correct for the S54

Now whats this about the actual M badge being different on the S54 from the S50???

Comment

Originally posted by steveH View Post
            Now whats this about the actual M badge being different on the S54 from the S50???
            I may have this confused with the side badges but its a known fact the S50s rear fades - I, from memory, believe the S54s were different although I could be wrong.

Comment

I've read the S54 had a "rounded" rear M badge. It's often stated as one of the distinguishabe differences between the S50 and S54! Not seen the two to compare, and as far as I can tell realoem shows only one type of badge across the different years of production - but it could of course be inaccurate.

Comment

Just spotted this:

It looks a bit lower than the mid line of the tail lights. Maybe the guy fitting the badges on the LHD cars used a different size lolly stick for positioning the badges?

Comment

The S54 badge is "curved" and raised whereas the older S50 is squarer and flatter. The S50 badges fade all round. I fitted new side badges (which I clear laquered to prevent them fading again) and a fake S54 badge on the rear (£4 off ebay for the rear).

Comment

i have to say that my car did not come with a badge so i used the normal (maybe S50) measurements when i put one on

Comment

Even the US spec S54 MC has the rear ///M badge in the same place as the UK spec MC see: http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6282

So that must be the definitive proof that the S54 rear badge on all models is deliberately in a different place to the S50.
                      /// Exdos ///
                      "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                        The S54 badge is "curved" and raised whereas the older S50 is squarer and flatter. The S50 badges fade all round. I fitted new side badges (which I clear laquered to prevent them fading again) and a fake S54 badge on the rear (£4 off ebay for the rear).
                        Yep, badges used on all S54 powered M cars have curved and raised badges that are less prone to fading. The S50 badges (US S52) badges are flat and almost always turn pink after a few years in the sun.

Comment

It's obvious when you see a new one why they fade; the red stripe is like a matt chalky feel to them whereas tho ther have a gloss to them, but clear laquered makes them all shiney and they'll never fade!

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
                            Even the US spec S54 MC has the rear ///M badge in the same place as the UK spec MC see: http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6282

So that must be the definitive proof that the S54 rear badge on all models is deliberately in a different place to the S50.
                            Thanks to Exdos and all contributors to this thread. Hopefully (if my limited IT capabilities enable me) I shall try to put on some pics of car as due back tuesday.
                            Perhaps one of you regulars will be able to send pm and point me to the 'idiots' guide to posting pics?? and at what size/ megs?? thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by steveH View Post
                              Perhaps one of you regulars will be able to send pm and point me to the 'idiots' guide to posting pics?? and at what size/ megs?? thanks in advance

Steve - do a search, there's lots of info on posting pics or ask 'Ragerover'.

Comment

Many threads on this - these are 2 of them

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ight=irfanview

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ight=irfanview
                                Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Working...
                                X