New Journal: Rhubarb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
    I did take it around Silverstone national for 30 mins a couple of weeks ago. The car ran faultlessly, with awesome handling round the corners and really stuck to the track, and excellent traction.

It was part of a taster session with only 6 cars on track so loads of room. There'll be another taster day in March if anyone is interested?
    Saw your car there but sadly didn't see you hooning round the track. A couple of mates took their cars round but I hadn't booked in (plus, call me precious but the thought of sharing the track with a bunch of PH lunatics in £1000 MX5's and Citroen Saxos is a bit scary).

That said I may grow a pair and get back on the track at the next one...
    S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

Ah no, we did a session in the afternoon which was open to anyone (not just PH). I actually went home and came back again

What car wet you in?

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Ah, I'll have to look into the non-PH sessions for next year.
        I was in a 911. Had originally planned to take the S54 but it was already tucked away!
        S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

Updated with pictures thanks to Flickr

Comment

I'm a little bit excited about getting the coupe out tomorrow for the first time since it was taken around Silverstone in October

Battery on charge

Comment

The box fitted to the wing is the alarm I presume and the part under the ABS module is the siren?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                The box fitted to the wing is the alarm I presume and the part under the ABS module is the siren?

Odd, my 9/98 build doesn’t have any boxes behind the wing.
                1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Tracker

That’s a tracker monitor

The silver box is the tracker unit, the black one houses the battery for it.

If you don’t subscribe to it I’d remove it. They do drain the battery albeit a very small amount of current, fine if your using weekly, but when the battery wears they will drain more.
                  Not 100% sure but there’s always been a rumour if the car was stolen & your tracker subscription wasn’t valid you can pay a one off free for it to be activated.

If you do still subscribe I’d replace the battery for what they cost while you have easy access.

If your removing it there’s only 3 or 4 wires.

The grey aerial wire, just follow it back & cut.
                  Black & red twisted together
                  Black earth
                  Red live that in that area will go to the electrics box/ fuse box under the bonnet.
                  The 4th if there will go to a fuel pump feed, again I electrics box

Comment

Originally posted by Walk View Post
                    That’s a tracker monitor

If you don’t subscribe to it I’d remove it. They do drain the battery albeit a very small amount of current, fine if your using weekly, but when the battery wears they will drain more.
                    Not 100% sure but there’s always been a rumour if the car was stolen & your tracker subscription wasn’t valid you can pay a one off free for it to be activated.

If you do still subscribe I’d replace the battery for what they cost while you have easy access.

Black earth
                    Red live that in that area will go to the electrics box/ fuse box under the bonnet.

Thanks, I have never seen one before

Comment

Originally posted by Walk View Post
                      That’s a tracker monitor

Black earth
                      Wow, a question I never thought to ask has been answered in my absence

I've thought about getting a tracker so if one is already in place then that saves some outlay. I'll have to find out who it's from and how to activate it

Comment

It is a “Tracker”
                        They looked like that in 2000 so could be 18 years old.
                        See what Tracker say but given they aren’t GPS may be worth replacing for a newer one.

Comment

I have original certificates for a “Tracker” fitted to my roady so guess this is where it will be on mine too.
                          Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
                          ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

The car failed its MOT on the lambda reading, so I immediately went to the vacuum pipes as on the last car

They were shot so duly replaced. Special thanks to Dave for delivering a couple of items I forgot to order from the dealer in double quick time. Legend.

Also replaced the viscous fan coupling.

Another MOT booked at 4.30 tomorrow so hope for a pass

Comment

Make sure you give it a good blast beforehand Martin and get the oil temp up. I always make sure I get to the MOT station bang on time rather than early so it has less chance to stand and cool.

Good luck tomorrow.
                              Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
                              ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

Hi All

I've finally managed to track down somewhere that, after doing a bit of digging etc, fully trust them to carry out work underneath the car. Basically its the same work as has been doing in this thread eg Anti-corrosion treatment, subframe dropped and refurbished along with PowerFlex bushes replacing the existing perished ones. The inner sills will also be treated

Now that I have arranged this I am now starting wonder if it is the right thing to do. For example if I did decide to sell in the future wouldn't someone be potentially put off by this type of work thinking there must have been something major wrong? What's everyone thoughts on this? If you were a buyer would it put you off? The guy will be taking lots of pictures of the work as its being done so there will be a detailed portfolio of the underneath of the car so I am hoping that will provide good evidence.

Also, whilst the work is being done does anyone else have some recommendations for underneath? As I say all the bushes for subframe, diff training arm etc will be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X