Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by indy View Post
    i am loving this thread!
    Thanks a lot. Keep watching, there's much more to come :)
    Originally posted by dave p View Post
    I think the alloy pedals are expensive BMW performance items,

great thread

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-BMW-Pe...item2ea5691b66

Thanks Dave,

I know they are OEM accessories but they looked horrible for some reason besides I prefer stock black look.
    Can,

'87 M3
    '95 M3 GT
    '00 M Coupé
    '04 M3 CSL

Comment

After diagnosing the mount crack , we wanted to check the boot floor for the infamous subframe damage and luckily, there was none.

While we were waiting for welder to start, I thought it was time for me to get my hands dirty for some DIY action.
      Since we had the exhaust out, I started by cleaning the tips. I used ALCON metal polish, a wire brush and lots of caliper cleaner.

Before,

Cleaning the inside with wire brush,

better,

then after 4 rounds of polish and lots of elbow grease later,

here it is with untouched tips,

both cleaned and polished,

When I discovered that this metal polish thing worked, I decided to give a try at the engine bay.
      First was the oil filter cover, those wax residues and faded finish bothered me every time I opened the bonnet.

I removed the cap,

and after a bit of magic,

Next, the infamous vanos,

before,

during,

after,

then some other clips and metal bolts,

Can,

'87 M3
      '95 M3 GT
      '00 M Coupé
      '04 M3 CSL

Comment

After 2 hours of rubbing and polishing, I was done.
        Next I went to see how the wheels were doing.

My painter started the sanding which takes incredibly long thanks to the horrible repaint the OP did.

all clean now,

Can,

'87 M3
        '95 M3 GT
        '00 M Coupé
        '04 M3 CSL

Comment

You are obviously a perfectionist. I am jealous. Go for it. (H&R anti roll bars are a must, whatever else you do).
          Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Originally posted by coupe fan View Post
            You are obviously a perfectionist. I am jealous. Go for it. (H&R anti roll bars are a must, whatever else you do).
            Actually our roads are not smooth enough for H&R anti roll bars otherwise its a must have ;)

BTW I'm still waiting for Clubber to finish his project, otherwise we won't have any "M" meeting here in Istanbul
            I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
            sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Originally posted by coupe fan View Post
              Thanks man.
              H&R bars are too stiff for my liking. I don't want to compromise daily usability for the sake of handling.
              Originally posted by cemalakcal View Post
              Actually our roads are not smooth enough for H&R anti roll bars otherwise its a must have ;)

BTW I'm still waiting for Clubber to finish his project, otherwise we won't have any "M" meeting here in Istanbul
              Hold on one more week and she will be ready :) Then comes the fun :)
              Can,

'87 M3
              '95 M3 GT
              '00 M Coupé
              '04 M3 CSL

Comment

Continues...

Next day, I went to see the progress on the diff mount crack. We had it argon-are welded for lifetime durability.

All these dots were torn before,

and as expected, it burned the protective zinc cover inside the boot floor which will be fixed once my painter finishes the wheels.

Then I wanted to fix my bruised stering wheel logo from the PO. It was in bad shape.

Then my mechanic recommended me his invention to this problem. It seems one of the little emblems of BMW motorbikes fit the hole perfectly.

After a bit of glueing and pushing, ta-ta !

Lastly, I went to check my exhaust guy for the cat. delete work. As usual his craftsmanship was excellent.

Can,

'87 M3
                '95 M3 GT
                '00 M Coupé
                '04 M3 CSL

Comment

SITE FEEDBACK : I don't understand why my thread doesn't come up on new posts even if it was updated seconds ago. Any reason why ?

--------------

Today, we did quite a bit work, mostly replacing parts and maintenance of some mechanisms.

First we replaced some worn, old interior trims and pieces,

Old AC button and lighter,

New ones installed,

New passenger cargo net,

Replaced the race boy pedal set with new OEM ones,

F&F edition,

New OEM pedals,

New coin tray mat,

Then we have cleaned and lubricated window mechanisms for smoother operation ( they were quite slow ).

Once they were done, it was time to change ALL the fluids in the car. Engine, trans., brakes,diff.

We used BMW's special FM booster oil for the diff. $$$ ! It is supposed to minimize diff noise. We'll see.

And also replaced the brake fluid with MEGA EXPENSIVE Castrol SRF fluid. Guys at the shop really laughed hard at me when they learned how much I paid but I was happy anyway. I use this on my M3 at the track too and so for, vey happy.

Lastly we installed the new cat. deleted exhaust,

and a quick video of the new sound of the car. A rasper, just as I wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44oEs1UwaiA
                  Can,

'87 M3
                  '95 M3 GT
                  '00 M Coupé
                  '04 M3 CSL

Comment

We need to go and wash the unders together somewhere. Mine is also dirty !
                    I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
                    sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Originally posted by cemalakcal View Post
                      We need to go and wash the unders together somewhere. Mine is also dirty !
                      Wait till the weekend so we can go and clean it all. What a small sig btw :)
                      Can,

'87 M3
                      '95 M3 GT
                      '00 M Coupé
                      '04 M3 CSL

Comment

Originally posted by CLUBBER View Post
                        SITE FEEDBACK : I don't understand why my thread doesn't come up on new posts even if it was updated seconds ago. Any reason why ?
                        I suspect that's only in your view of 'new posts'. You posted it... therefore you know what's new in the thread. To everybody else on the forum (I think) it will appear in 'new posts'
                        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                          I suspect that's only in your view of 'new posts'. You posted it... therefore you know what's new in the thread. To everybody else on the forum (I think) it will appear in 'new posts'
                          yes it will only show your own unread posts, the ones you have viewed, so if you click on a new post, then press new posts button again, that same one wont show up a second time

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                            Originally posted by indy View Post
                            yes it will only show your own unread posts, the ones you have viewed, so if you click on a new post, then press new posts button again, that same one wont show up a second time
                            I get it now, thanks.
                            Can,

'87 M3
                            '95 M3 GT
                            '00 M Coupé
                            '04 M3 CSL

Comment

more...

Today I took my new floor mats to my upholstery guy to have a gray lining at the edges to continue the gray-black two-tone thing inside the cabin. It is a small but a nice touch.

Luckily we found a very close match to the interior,

A few hours later, they were back,

Great craftsmanship,

And almost identical to the seats,

Then I wanted to solve my chrome door handle situation. I ordered the black frame but the pull bar had to come with the mechanism so and it cost ridiculous money. So I thought about wrapping them in matt black, which is basically plastic color.

I took the chrome cover to the wrap shop with the brand new plastic one to see if they could match it,

it looked pretty close so they had a quick wrap, can you tell which one is plastic ? neither could I

the pull bar is a pain to remove so that will be wrapped once the car is back on its feet through the end.

Later on we moved to the interior trim pieces again,

First we replaced the worn, old speaker cover,

before,

and new,

then came the hard stuff.
                              It was time to restore the interior.
                              We took the seats out to replace the slider bushings with reinforced ones to stop the "rocking chair" problem.

worn bushings,

which got replaced by these,

Since the seats were out, we also did a maintenance on them, tighten some springs, lubricate the rails and general cleaning of the system.

Then I cleaned the seats with Gliptone Care to get rid of the shiny look.

Can,

'87 M3
                              '95 M3 GT
                              '00 M Coupé
                              '04 M3 CSL

Comment

Lastly, since the seats were out and everything, we vacuumed the entire carpet which had terrible dog hair from the PO,

before,

after,

then we called it a day,
                                Can,

'87 M3
                                '95 M3 GT
                                '00 M Coupé
                                '04 M3 CSL

Comment

Working...
                                X