No announcement yet.

rear washer connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had all of the above issues with my mc , filling the washer bottle only resulted in water pouring from the bulkhead which on first inspection seems nigh on impossible to remedy . however i found that just pulling back the sound deadening in the pedal area i could access the pipe where it passes through the bulkhead , to which i fitted a 90 deg connector and several feet of clear washer pipe from halfrauds which i then pushed through the bulkhead and fitted a non return valve and routed neatly to the washer bottle. this had the added bonus of losing the rubbish plastic pipe bmw use !

Comment

The rear window washer is not working. I've cleaned the 5lt container and the connections to it and swapped the connection tubes so that that front washers would be "feed" from the other side of the 5lt container and vice-versa. The front washers always work...but I never get water on the rear window.

First I do not know exactly where is the water supposed to come out at rear...

I also do not see water anywhere inside the car so I do not know where to go now...what should be my next step? Is it a case of the tube being blocked? (I was able to suck some water from it but did not fancy doing so)...What could be the most plausible reason for this?

I would like to add that when I bought the car it was like this so I thought that was normal...then when "inspection day" came, my indy (at that time) told me it was supposed to work and he got it to work. I did not ask how (bummer!!) and since the car now goes to a BMW dealer I have no way of knowing...
      ///M Coupe 2001 S54 Steel Grey - Paulo M.
      -------------------------------------------
      ----- Sporting Clube Portugal - Forever -----

Comment

He is another I took yesterday. It a little bit further away than the one before...

Comment

Paulo, I think you need to have a stab at some engine bay detailing. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if my bay was as filthy as those pics suggest!!!

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Disconect the rear washer pipe from the top of the inner wing ,then blast some water up it,this should result in finding whether youve got a hose off or just a blockage !

Comment

Originally posted by -Keith- View Post
              Paulo, I think you need to have a stab at some engine bay detailing. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if my bay was as filthy as those pics suggest!!!
              The Hi-Res and the flash of the camera contribute to that. At regular day light the car is not bad at all and the 5lt as some dirt at surface. The engine and some parts (not the entire bay) were detailed 18 months ago and I keep the engine parts looking good and everytime I work around the engine bay I clean something else but time is short...

A complete detailing will have to wait for summer vacations...

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                Disconect the rear washer pipe from the top of the inner wing ,then blast some water up it,this should result in finding whether youve got a hose off or just a blockage !
                Thanks!!! Will do!

Comment

Working...
                X