Black S50 "DDZ 889"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black S50 "DDZ 889"

I picked up a old copy of "total BMW" which has a front page heading of "Britain's meanest M super coupe" with a full feature of a modded S50 registration DDZ 889, any know what happened to it?

give us a clue Dave scan it all in
    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

I thought that reg was on chippys car. Maybe I am mistaken.

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
        I thought that reg was on chippys car. Maybe I am mistaken.
        I thought it may have been Chippys but its a all black interior

Comment

i thought i recognised that plate... have been searching the web for about 30mins..!!
          I love this shot:
          http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...t=9295&page=20

The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
          RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

chrome work on the front suggests S54, not S50?
            The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
            RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Originally posted by Trundler View Post
              chrome work on the front suggests S54, not S50?
              chrome on later S50's (facelift >04/99)

Comment

It needs spacers on the rear!
                This photo is partly the reason i got a black S54, tho mine never looks that clean!

Comment

Originally posted by Trundler View Post
                  It needs spacers on the rear!
                  This photo is partly the reason i got a black S54, tho mine never looks that clean!
                  Says the wheels are 8.5 x18" offset 30mm and 10 x 18" offset 23mm

Comment

ET5-10 would be better on the rear.

So this isn't Chippy's car? I do remember his being the same even down to the sunken rear wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                      ET5-10 would be better on the rear.

So this isn't Chippy's car? I do remember his being the same even down to the sunken rear wheels!
                      Not Chippy's car, I thought the standard LM's were et30 front and rear and a 20mm spacer was recommended for the rears

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                        Not Chippy's car, I thought the standard LM's were et30 front and rear and a 20mm spacer was recommended for the rears
                        Yep, ET30 front and rear as standard.
                        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I just got a copy of this too, I did an MOT check on the car and it's current mileage is 12,000, so it looks to have been stashed away safe for years with next to no usage

Comment

Worth a few quid I imagine.....

Comment

One of the nicest looking Coupes in my opinion - and low miles

Comment

Working...
                              X