Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are considering upgrading the handling of your MC....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger

I recentely fitted front and rear H&R ARBs to my car which has done 57K on standard suspension and was hugely impressed with the result (especially after chasing exdos's 'starship enterprise' :wink: across the Cotswolds)

So IMHO i'd say get the ARBs on with your current suspension and see how it feels before renewing the springs and dampers.
    Black S50

Comment

Guys, which ARB settings you decided to use?
      S50 - '99 Estoril/Estoril-Black
      Mods - KW 3 Coilovers, H&R ARBs, Raid steering wheel, Wiechers Sport half-rollcage & strut brace, Simota CAI, Powerflex front and beam bushes, Beyern Mesh 18".

Comment

/// Exdos ///
        "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

/// Exdos ///
          "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

ops: Cheque in the post

Just in case anyone thinks maybe you don't need to go the whole nine yards as John has done, I have to admit that whilst on bumpy B roads my 'reletively' standard coupe held its own, but on the couple of accasions we were traveling through some quicker A road corners (ie smoother road surface) it was quite noticable that John's car had alot more to give than mine :shock:

So for me I think John has just about the perfect set up for fast UK road use.

I think some uprated springs and dampers will be purchased before another trip to the Ring :wink:
            Black S50

Comment

Originally posted by MrMicko
              Guys, which ARB settings you decided to use?
              I also went for softest (ie longest length) setting to start with.
              Black S50

Comment

Thanks to all.

I will get the ARBs fitted and report back.

As I am paying to have them done, I will probably do the negative camber mod as well!!

Thanks again

Roger
                GT3 Cobalt Blue. PCCB. Roll Cage. Buckets.

Ex M Coupe.

Now Gone

Comment

/// Exdos ///

Comment

ive just ordered the kw variant 3 stuff thanks to this post exdos, 3 weeks before it arrives though, the misses is delighted :P :P ive just in her words "wasted over a grand" , i tried to explain its for safety but i dont think she is wearing it!!!!
                    have to order the rogue top mounts now
                    Gruppe M
                    EBC redstuff Pads
                    EBC drilled and grooved discs
                    Braided brake lines
                    Gun-metal alloys
                    Strong Strutt
                    KW Variant 3

Comment

Originally posted by p 5ary
                      ive just ordered the kw variant 3 stuff thanks to this post exodus, 3 weeks before it arrives though, the misses is delighted :P :P ive just in her words "wasted over a grand" , i tried to explain its for safety but i dont think she is wearing it!!!!
                      P 5ary

My misses allways rolls her eyes but has gotten better over time even encouraging me in certain parts that she likes(schnitzer flippers and hamman spoiler)

I will put it to a real test soon when I get on the supject of the new brakes I need(AP racing kit )

much safer!!
                      Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
                      New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                        Originally posted by p 5ary
                        ive just ordered the kw variant 3 stuff thanks to this post exodus, 3 weeks before it arrives though, the misses is delighted :P :P ive just in her words "wasted over a grand" , i tried to explain its for safety but i dont think she is wearing it!!!!
                        P 5ary

My misses allways rolls her eyes but has gotten better over time even encouraging me in certain parts that she likes(schnitzer flippers and hamman spoiler)

I will put it to a real test soon when I get on the supject of the new brakes I need(AP racing kit )

much safer!!
                        lol, it seems there are a few of us in this position then,

it may be a good time to strike for the brakes Lee with the distraction of the Lupo!! (looks very well)
                        Gruppe M
                        EBC redstuff Pads
                        Braided brake lines
                        Gun-metal alloys
                        Strong Strutt
                        KW Variant 3

Comment

Originally posted by exdos
                          7. Keep a proper written record of the full adjustment range of the dampers (i.e. number of turns from full soft to full hard) and then log all the settings that you use and any changes that you make thereafter, so you can think in terms of percentage and know exactly what settings you are using.
                          exdos would you be willing to share your records to date, to give a head start with my own when it eventually arrive, i realise with bushings and the nature of cars there will be slight variances but something to start on;
                          which brackets would you categorise in, im guessing something along the lines of;
                          track
                          fast road
                          comfort
                          Gruppe M
                          EBC redstuff Pads
                          Braided brake lines
                          Gun-metal alloys
                          Strong Strutt
                          KW Variant 3

Comment

P5ary,
                            I have the KW3 on my car, soon to fit the H&R ARB's and rogue top mounts,( fitting these will allow you to adj the rear dampers without removing the interior trim ) myself and exdos have discussed in some length the set-up of the suspension, and it was a drive in my car that convinced exdos to do the dead.
                            The set-up is very personal i think, depending on the way you drive the car, also on what other mods you have made, different wheels, ARB's etc. so you really need to set the suspension in mid range and go from there.
                            ideally, you want a particular section of road that tests all of the suspension requirements, you can then use this as your own personal test track and judge the difference that each adj. gives you, believe me you will feel the difference.

Steve.
                            2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

Originally posted by steve1
                              P5ary,
                              I have the KW3 on my car, soon to fit the H&R ARB's and rogue top mounts,( fitting these will allow you to adj the rear dampers without removing the interior trim ) myself and exdos have discussed in some length the set-up of the suspension, and it was a drive in my car that convinced exdos to do the dead.
                              The set-up is very personal i think, depending on the way you drive the car, also on what other mods you have made, different wheels, ARB's etc. so you really need to set the suspension in mid range and go from there.
                              ideally, you want a particular section of road that tests all of the suspension requirements, you can then use this as your own personal test track and judge the difference that each adj. gives you, believe me you will feel the difference.

Steve.
                              cheers steve1
                              Gruppe M
                              EBC redstuff Pads
                              Braided brake lines
                              Gun-metal alloys
                              Strong Strutt
                              KW Variant 3

Comment

Where are people buying the roll bars from? How much are they delivered?

Comment

Working...
                                X